Are you a Production Brewer thinking about a job change? Well here is what Sleeping Giant has to offer:
- As a dedicated contract brewery we:
- Have a high-end quality lab and lab guru (Alcolyzer, PCR testing, GC-MS…)
- Strongly emphasize details and paperwork (SOPs and logs are our daily companions)
- Like a clean working environment and take care of our space (daily and weekly sanitation tasks)
- Care about employee safety (Forklift training, PPE requirements, safety committee)
- Have a full-time on-site maintenance crew for solving those big issues
- Enjoy Paid Time Off and 7 Paid Holidays
- Have Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Can contribute to our 401K with match
- Make a direct impact on our own Profit Sharing!
Our Brew Team:
- Works a 4×10 schedule with rotating weekend shifts
- Currently works 2 shifts (no overnights!)
- Starts at $15-$25 dollars/hr commensurate with experience
The nitty-gritty details:
We are currently searching for an exceptional Full-Time Brewer/Cellar Person to join our growing team. Sleeping Giant Brewing Company has enjoyed tremendous growth as the first dedicated contract brewery in the Western United States. This is an opportunity to get in at a rapidly growing brewery with opportunities for advancement in the future.
Top candidates for this position will be self-motivated and hard-working with an extremely high attention to detail. They will need to possess an excitement and enthusiasm to be a contributing member of the Sleeping Giant Team. Our culture is paramount to our success and we require members of the team to contribute to our continuous improvement. We are looking for individuals to be a part of the team for the long haul with a goal of seeking advancement within the company.
We brewed dozens of different beers a year with new brands and clients you could learn to brew over 100 different brands in the next 2 years!
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- The age of 21 years or older
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and/or certification by IBD, Siebels, UC-Davis, Metro State, etc. is desirable but not required.
- 2+ years of experience in a production brewery desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to perform the physical demands of the position
- Lifting up to 60 lbs repeatedly
- Maneuvering up to 165 lbs
- Working on feet for up to 10 hours (with breaks of course)
- Occasionally needing to bend, kneel and crouch
- Handle cold, wet, or hot and muggy conditions
- The availability to work a flexible schedule as needed. This position rotates monthly between 1st and 2nd shifts, with weekends and overtime occasionally required.
- A willingness to work in a flow-to-work team environment
- The ability to work with a constant focus on safety while adhering to SGBC’s policies and goals
Finally, as a Sleeping Giant Brewer/Cellar person your performance will be evaluated on these four critical competencies: Quality, Accountability, Teamwork, Fun!
NOTE: (1) We do not pay relocation expenses for this position.
(2) We do not sponsor for this position.
Visit us at: www.sleepinggiantbrewing.com
Please submit resume and cover letter the email below with “Brewer” in the subject line. This is an immediate job opening. Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Professional Brewing: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location
Denver, CO 80204
Your application has been successfully submitted.