This job is no longer accepting applications.
An Assistant Brewer at Jughandle Brewing Co. assists with many brewing, packaging, cleaning and maintenance duties at the brewery and otherwise provides support to the brewhouse and cellar as directed. Duties will include, but will not be limited to, assisting with brewing and packaging beer, running tests on products in progress, following cleaning and maintenance schedule and procedures, cleaning all equipment and packaging, following our inventory management practices, and working with other members of the team to ensure all beer that leaves the facility is of the highest quality and that the brewery is kept clean, functional, and up to Jughande Brewing Co.’s standards at all times.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Brew and package beer according to the brew schedule and per the Lead Brewer.
- Assisting with milling, mashing, and lautering, wort boiling, cooling and transferring to fermenters, racking beer from fermenters to brite tanks, and ensuring all brewing processes are recorded properly.
- Keep the brewing facility clean and functional at all times.
- Follow cleaning & maintenance schedules and consult supervisor about cleaning needs, and perform all required cleanings to the appropriate standard including tanks, brewhouse, kegs and other packaging, packaging line and other equipment as directed.
- Assist with inventory counts of finished beer, grain, hops and other raw materials inventory.
- Follow inventory procedures for all raw materials, chemicals, beer, cooperage, small parts, packaging, supplies etc. and report deficiencies to supervisor.
- Assist with inventory counts as needed.
- Monitor quality, temperature, pressure, gravities, DO, and carbonation of beers in tanks, in package and at the tap room on a daily basis.
- Participate in beer tasting panels.
- Work with the Lead Brewer to keep an improvement log on all issues as they develop.
- Represent Jughandle Brewing Co. at various events, festivals and promotions. Promote good public relations and handle complaints and concerns.
- Follow all brewery policies and procedures and follow current developments in local, state, and federal laws applicable to the service of alcohol, safe food handling, health standards etc.
- Label all kegs and other package product in accordance with federal and state law using appropriate keg collars, labels and date codes.
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
Education and Experience:
- A formal brewing education from a credited brewing program preferred.
- College Degree in a related technical field (Science or Engineering) preferred.
- 2+ years experience in a commercial production brewery preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of beer offerings (flavors, ingredients, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule: days, nights and or weekends.
- Must have own vehicle, valid driver’s license, current insurance coverage and clean driving record.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift
- Strong communication skills to interact with customers, vendors, and coworkers in a professional manner.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures.
- Possess the ability to multi-task and manage stressful circumstances associated with a fast paced and evolving work environment. Ability to be punctual, reliable and on-time.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Good understanding of quality assurance / quality control and problem-solving skills as well as to troubleshoot any beer related issues.
Please send resume and contact information to email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.