This job is no longer accepting applications.
If you like cleaning tanks, dry hopping beers, harvesting yeast, and geeking out about hazy ipa, then we’ve got a position for you.We are looking for a beer loving person to join our production team in the cellar. Experience is a plus but not required. You would be responsible for helping with all aspects of the cellar, including tasting the beer to ensure deliciousness.
Candidate must have:
- A passion for beer, brewing, and experimentation
- Unwavering commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Able to manage one's time
- Ability to follow all rules and safety procedures
- Unfailing politeness and courtesy to customers
- Mechanical experience (even outside of brewing) or laboratory experience are strong pluses
We work on a 3-vessel, 20 bbl brewhouse and cellar with the capacity up to 15,000 bbl. We currently have 16 fermenters (each 40 bbl), with several more coming online later this year (each 80 bbl), and a small, clean barrel program. Job requirements are as per the below posting, with the expectation to be flexible on scope given the nature of our business and the responsibility to assist where needed.
Duties will ultimately include:
- Keg Washing: Track clean and dirty keg inventory. Operate 3-head Semi-automatic Keg washer.
- Drive a forklift to maintain an organized warehouse (Training will be provided)
- Packaging: Filling kegs while maintaining accurate counts without very much loss. Primary resource for bottling and canning days.
- Maneuver full kegs safely
- Clean tap lines and tap freshly packaged beer
- Cellaring: Own the Bright Tank (Chilling and Carbonation) Processes
- Cleaning, Sanitizing, Purging
- Maintain low dissolved oxygen levels throughout all processes
- Racking Beer: Own the beer transfers from fermenters to bright tanks with low dissolved oxygen levels
- CIPing tanks for brewing into the next day
- Daily Cellar Work
- Checking daily tank gravities
- Adding adjuncts to tanks
- Dry hopping
- Yeast harvesting
- Troubleshooting: Ability to correct any beer related issues, with a focus on learning from mistakes
- Record keeping: Maintain detailed, accurate, and legible records of all work performed
- Maintenance: Assist as needed with the preventative maintenance brewery equipment
- Daily janitorial work as needed
- Reports to: Brewery Operations Manager
- Job Type: Full time, 40 hours/week
- Pay Rate: Hourly, TBD - competitive pay rate for an experienced individual with the right skills
- Standing: Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Strength: Ability to regularly lift supplies and equipment up to 65 lbs (i.e. bags of malt, hops, etc.)
- Noise: Ability to work in a production environment where noise level is usually moderate to loud and warehouse temperature fluctuates according to the weather.
- Time of day: Ability to work a rotating schedule, including morning/mid/evening shifts.
- Health Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision benefits with short and long-term disability plans
- Time Off: Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), accrued paid sick time, and paid holidays
- Beer perks!
Please email your resume and cover letter to Magic@barebottle.com and put the position you are applying for and your favorite hop in the subject line, e.g. “Cellar Person - Mosaic”.
Your application has been successfully submitted.