This job is no longer accepting applications.
Upslope Brewing Company, a certified B Corp, is looking to add an experienced Brewer to our team. The Upslope Brewing Team is laser-focused on safety, quality, efficiency, and innovation. We are searching for a driven individual to join us in our mission to sustainably craft the highest quality products possible.
The Brewer position operates on a shift rotation and is responsible for all aspects of the brewing process including brewing, fermentation, cellaring, finishing and sensory evaluation for Upslope's craft beer and craft seltzer portfolio. The role requires a teamwork oriented, responsible, and self-motivated individual with a passion for craft beer and a desire to continue learning and growing within the industry.
Job Responsibilities - Brewer
- Maintain a safe working environment and follow all safety protocols
- Wort production on 30 bbl, 4 vessel brewhouse
- Operation of Alfa Laval Brew 250 Centrifuge, lenticular filter, and 60x60 plate and frame filter
- Fermenter and Brite Tank CIP, SIP
- Operation of Brewer’s Dashboard fermentation control software
- Cellar monitoring, yeast handling and pitching
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and organized work environment
- Proper documentation of all tasks performed
- Adhering to the master sanitation schedule standards of Upslope Brewing Co.
- Brewing, cellar, CIP, barrel racking, and special project activities at Lee Hill location
- Passion for independent, quality craft beer and hard seltzer is a must
- Educational background in brewing or related areas is a plus
- Minimum of 2 years professional brewing experience at a 5k+ bbl/year brewery
- Forklift operation experience is a plus
- Ability to work as a team and collaborate effectively with a diverse group of individuals
- Mechanical aptitude, basic problem solving and math skills
- Sensory evaluation experience, BJCP/Cicerone certifications are preferred
- Flexibility, good communication skills, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to stand on feet for 8+ hours, lift up to 55 lbs. on a consistent basis
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift availability, Monday - Friday.
Monday - Friday, 2 week rotation between 4 different shifts. 1st shift: 6:00 - 14:00; 2nd shift - 14:00 - 22:00; 3rd shift - 22:00 - 6:00; and 4th shift in R&D at our Lee Hill facility. All shift brewers must be available and able rotate through these shift times.
Compensation, Benefits & Culture
Upslope offers a transparent and unique work environment with an emphasis on teamwork and innovation. It’s important to make sure each employee understands the impact they have on the mission. We work for beer, but get paid in dollars.
Compensation Package includes:
- Competitive base salary
- Paid Time Off, Sick Pay, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Hours beginning 30-days after employment
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ Disability/ Life insurance with company contribution beginning 30-days after employment
- 401(k) with company match beginning day one
- Free RTD EcoPass
- Free Beer (Daily taproom perks and monthly retail beer allotments)
- Merchandise discounts
- Discounts & Pro Deals on outdoor equipment & activities
- Professional Development opportunities
- And many more!
Upslope is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment and focus to creating a culture of belonging. All are welcome to apply. Please include a resume or CV and a cover letter with your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.