Brewing Microbiological/Analytics Internship
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Length: 5-10 hours roughly per week, as your school schedule permits: May-Dec.
Reports to: QA/QC, QA/QC Tech
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
As the Microbiological/Analytics Intern, you will be supervised by the QA/QC Manager in order to assist in the day to day testing, quality control check points, and process improvement. This internship will provide you with an in depth look of how quality is managed in a fully operating craft brewery. The majority of the intern experience will involve learning a number of microbiological testing techniques, fermentation monitoring, yeast management, and a general understanding of brewery operations as a whole. In addition, students have the ability to help work on specific projects geared at improving our process or current testing regiment.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Micro testing including PCR, traditional plating, and plate reading.
- Fermentation monitoring including gravities, pH, acetaldehyde, and data recording.
- Shadowing various parts of the brewing process.
- Package quality testing including O2, CO2, and line control.
- Other projects and assignments as necessary
STUDENTS WILL HONE THEIR SKILLS IN:
- Data collection and analytical testing.
- Microbiological techniques.
- Brewery operations and the key quality check points.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate will be eager to learn the ins and outs of a craft brewery and is motivated to assist in the development of a crucial program within our company. Interns are required to be at least 21 years old and a passion for craft beer is a must!
It also helps if you are:
- Must be willing to work a short 1 hour shift on Saturday.
- Currently enrolled in a Science/Mathematics related program
- Experienced in standard microbiological techniques
- Knowledgeable of craft beer & the Upslope brand
- Experienced with Excel, Word and other computer software
Although this internship is unpaid, you will be able to work in a fun atmosphere, with awesome people and learn skills you can apply to a variety of employment opportunities. We will always provide motivated and hardworking interns with letters of recommendations and references. Free beer and merch doesn’t hurt either!
Your application has been successfully submitted.