Pariah Brewing Company is seeking a full time Sales Representative to join our growing team! Conceptualized in 2010, founded in 2016, and opened for business in early 2017, Pariah Brewing Company has shown strong consistent growth and maintained a reputation for high quality beer over the past 5 years through dedicated and cooperative work amongst our team. We are now looking for additional motivated and passionate folks to join our terrific team. Please see below for details on this position.
The candidate's mission will be to initiate, grow, and support the sales efforts for the company. The Sales Representative is responsible for building and maintaining professional relationships with key distributor personnel when applicable and retail accounts (both on & off premise) in order to grow sales, increase, and maximize brand presence.
Territory: Primary focus will initially be the Baltimore city and county areas, but travel through the state of Maryland will be required. Travel should be expected to be up to 75%
- Increase market share of Pariah Brewing Company beer sales.
- Aggressively pursue new brand appropriate accounts while building relationships with established account base.
- Maintain expert beer knowledge and understanding of Pariah Brewing Company portfolio of beers
- Call on local buyers, decision makers, and key account managers on a consistent basis
- Manages individual time and activities to maximize sales volume
- Cultivate and strengthen the critical relationship between our company and our distributor partners when applicable.
- Network and inspire distributor sales rep personnel.
- Achieve volume and distribution targets in defined territory and target accounts.
- Conduct special events, festivals, beer dinners & tastings as needed.
- Maximize product velocity by improving merchandising and brand presence within retail locations.
- Monitor daily activity and accomplishments via the company’s performance tracking tools and convey this information in company meetings.
- Train distributors & retail accounts (including management, buyers, bartenders & wait staff personnel) on all brands.
- Work in collaboration with the Pariah team to achieve company targets, introduce new marketing initiatives and execute programming in line with growth projections.
- Use trending data to identify opportunities or gain other business insights.
- Review beer inventory to maintain proper levels based upon our core rotation & seasonal offerings.
- Monitor and uphold the company’s strict quality standards.
- Perform administrative duties in a timely manner (expense & mileage reports, work calendar, etc.).
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Perform other business related duties as assigned.
- Associate and/or Bachelor’s Degree, Business or Marketing concentration is preferred.
- 2+ years experience in craft beer sales is desirable; preference will be given to those with beverage sales or consumer product goods experience.
- Desired candidate must have proven computer skills and be proficient in Google Sheets, Word and Microsoft, and have reliable internet access.
- Craft beer industry passion and the appreciation of the culture that goes with it
- A results driven, energetic, confident personality eager to teach and learn new skills
- Have strong local contacts and know the local scene.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal, organizational and project management skills.
- Must live in the area where the position is located.
- Certified Cicerone or Certified Beer Server is a plus.
- Regular visits to bars, restaurants, other retailers and warehouses. Flexible work schedule is required.
- A valid state driver’s license is required and must be maintained throughout the employment period.
- This candidate should be able and willing to lift at least 31.5 lbs. from ground level to a shelf 50 inches from the floor. The candidate should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another by sliding it on the floor.
- This selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver's license check.
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures of the worksite.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Pariah Brewing Company.
Alcohol Responsibility- The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative of not only the company, but of the alcohol beverage industry. They are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of the company or its affiliates. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by means of disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Disclaimer- This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Pariah Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position. We look forward to hearing from you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.