Assistant Brewer / Celler position
Job Summary: Verboten Brewing is looking for a self-motivated individual who is hungry to make a difference in their job and work with a great team. Culture is important to us, and we like working with ambitious people who are who are ready to make a difference. Qualified candidates must be outgoing, goal-oriented and have a passion for the craft brewing industry.
The position of Assistant Brewer is a regular full-time, hourly position that represents a multi-skilled brewing position responsible for assisting in the production of craft beer. The qualified employee must possess the following listed skills, knowledge and experience.
Verboten Brewing provides a fun entrepreneurial environment with tremendous growth opportunities professionally, personally, and financially.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily job duties including not limited to: CIP, malt milling, brew house operations, wort transfer, yeast pitching, cellar monitoring, general cleaning, beer quality tasting.
- Produces wort according to operation procedures.
- Knowledge of brewing, cellaring, CIP, sanitation and sterilization.
- Ability to work in a team environment with effective communication.
- Collaborates on inventory management efforts.
- Willingness to work a flexible shift dependent on operational needs of the brewery. May require night, weekend and 12-hour work days.
- Ensures a safe working environment for employees by maintaining facility and equipment in optimal working conditions. Follows all company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Reflect company core values and cultural attitude.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Reports to Supervisor and Head Brewer, Josh Grenz
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university preferred.
- Minimum one year experience in brewing beer with a minimum of two years of brewing industry experience
- Proven decision making and analytical skills.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced environment which is heavily integrated with other functional departments.
- Professional communication skills.
Compensation: $36,000-$39,500, depending on experience
Heath and Dental insurance available
Paid sick and vacation
If interested and qualified, please attach a resume and cover letter with salary history
Your application has been successfully submitted.