Brewery Sales Representative
Job Title: Brewery Sales Representative
Location: Fire Maker Brewing Company / Atlanta, GA
Reports To: Owner
Position Type: Full-time, Base Salary Plus Competitive Commission
Who We Are:
Fire Maker Brewing Company is a start-up brewery in West Midtown, Atlanta, Georgia. The Fire in Fire Maker represents the burning passion and ambition we all have in us, that desire to accomplish our goals and dreams. A Fire Maker is someone who goes out and lives their life to the fullest. That's who we are, and we want to be that beer people have while pursuing and celebrating the accomplishment of their goals. Sound good so far? Then read on, fellow life enthusiast!
A strong team, like a great beer, is the sum of its parts. Our next necessary ingredient is the Brewery Sales Rep.
So, who are the people behind Fire Maker? Our Owner has a decade of experience in the Georgia alcohol scene with a background in the distribution and craft brewery side of the industry. Our Head Brewer brings 12 years of professional brewing experience to the company. And, our Marketing Manager has a decade of experience in visual arts and over 4 years in branding and marketing companies. Everyone at Fire Maker is extremely passionate about their job and we are looking for someone with the same mindset to join our team.
The Brewery Sales Rep will be our face in the market and will sell our brands all over the Greater Atlanta area in on-premise and off-premise accounts. The Brewery Sales Rep works in partnership with the Owner to maintain the company’s vision and culture in the greater Atlanta market. The Brewery Sales Rep will be passionate and knowledgeable about craft beer. They’ll enjoy spending time in the marketing educating and selling consumers on our delicious beers. This is not an entry level job we are looking for an experienced beer sales rep who wants to join and grow with a start-up company. We want someone who enjoys selling beer and winning in the market!
- Supports Fire Maker’s Core Values and Goals
- Maintaining and growing relationships with targeted accounts.
- Can build lasting relationships with the buyers and decisions makers at various accounts
- Finding the right accounts for our products. We don’t want to just pack the shelves we want true placements that make sense and pull our product through consistently.
- Creating new smart business to reach sales goals
- Solid experience with on-premise and off-premise alcohol sales
- Working closely with our distributor partners. Good collaboration with them can lead to success for everyone.
- Well educated in beer styles, descriptions and the brewing process.
- Making sure Fire Maker has the look of a winner in every account. (we’ll ask about what this means…)
- Building relationships with our distributor sales reps and managers in the market, and helping them in regards to Fire Maker Products
- Working with multiple distribution companies and coordinating with them for success in the market
- Hosting/Participating in weekly events such as: beer dinners, beer festivals, tap take-overs, various promotions, and other events as needed.
- Working with CEO to make yearly sales business plans and reviews
- Great communication skills
- Well versed in Microsoft Office
- Extraordinary Time Management and Organizational skills
- Creating plans of action to execute success in the market and using sales logs to follow up successfully with all business contacts.
- Consistency with using Sales Software daily
- Being able to remain professional at events and in situations where taps are flowing.
- Ability to work nights/weekends and some holidays
- Helping our target accounts and new businesses see how our brand benefits them by doing business reviews of our brands in their accounts.
- Maintaining quality control in the market with all Fire Maker Products.
- Must have great problem solving, adaptability, and customer service skills
- Constantly staying up to date on competitors pricing and market moves
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and its applications (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, etc..)
- Be able to assistant in other areas of the business as needed
- A minimum 3 years practical, professional sales experience in the beer industry
- Previous experience at a brewery or beer distributor
- Clean Driving Record, and reliable vehicle with insurance
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 40 lb and occasionally lift and/or move up to 120 lb
- Valid driver’s license
- Winning the market mentality
- Familiar with using various sales software
- Ability to work flexible days and hours
- Ability to become a Cicerone Certified Beer Server within three months
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong Knowledge of the Greater Atlanta Beer Market
- First level Cicerone certification (Certified Beer Server)
- Proactive with an ever-present eye toward improving the Fire Maker presence in the Greater Atlanta Market
- Positive and friendly, this is important whether with customers or other employees.
- Solutions-oriented, taking an optimistic and persistent approach to problem solving
- Creative, seeking out new ideas and approaches to ensure more people know about Fire Maker
- Organized; being able to efficiently call on accounts in the state of Georgia
- Honest and diligent
- Competitive Salary (based on experience and education)
- Health Benefits
- Vacation and PTO
- Gas Reimbursement
- Oil Changes
- Beer Stipend
- Retirement Plan
How to Apply:
Please submit an application below with your cover letter and resume (both required) with the subject line “Brewery Sales Rep – Your Name”
*NO WALK-INS and/or PHONE CALLS
**Must be at least 21 years of age
Your application has been successfully submitted.