Digital Marketing Manager
This position is responsible for developing and driving New Belgium’s digital marketing and social media strategy – including social media content strategy and development, website content and development, email content and campaigns, and digital support for key brands in our world-class portfolio of beers. This role will blend creativity in creating highly effective content strategies, a producer’s mindset in planning and bringing content to life, and a sharp eye for performance and analytics that can help our digital channels most effectively support the business.
- Drive strategy, planning, and day-to-day oversight of social media and other digital communications activities to effectively engage key audiences around the New Belgium brand through highly relevant, channel- or platform-specific content.
- Establish a clear vision and objectives for social media as a key touchpoint for New Belgium fan engagement, a significant driver of awareness around the company brand narrative, and ultimately deeper relationships with customers that translates into support for business growth and reputational benefits.
- Provide leadership and direct supervision to digital team – including roles responsible for social community management, content creation, and website development – as well as day-to-day oversight of an outside creative and digital agency.
- Report regularly on digital marketing and social media performance, key insights, competitor and channel trends, and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Develop and manage annual digital/social objectives, planning, and budget in collaboration with the Sr. Director, Communications & Public Engagement.
- Build and deploy strategic and effective paid social/digital campaigns, including message and audience testing to hone the effectiveness of our content and return on dollars spent expanding our reach.
- Coordinate with regional and hospitality social account managers to amplify key messages, content, and initiatives to all audiences.
- Act as a key conduit for message/narrative consistency around the New Belgium brand through all digital marketing and communications initiatives companywide.
- Development of marketing or impact/advocacy campaign plans in partnership with cross-functional teams internally, and sometimes with key partners externally.
- Manage and optimize the New Belgium website and websites for key portfolio brands (such as Voodoo Ranger and Fat Tire).
- Lead the expansion and further development of New Belgium’s “Business Rehumanized” web platform with the goal of reaching a broader, values-driven consumer audience with useful editorial content, and sparking deeper customer/stakeholder participation within the New Belgium brand ecosystem.
- Research and recommend new digital initiatives to better meet our key objectives (i.e. blog, podcast, film/video series, etc.)
- Manage community management efforts (via the Social Content & Community Manager) to engage fans and foster advocacy across brand social channels (including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.), including supporting Customer Service team.
- Drive strategies to curate and develop content from outside resources beyond agency, including user generated content, content partners and influencers in partnership with agencies, brand and ad hoc partners.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5+ years of experience in social or digital media, digital brand marketing, or equivalent related experience
- In-depth knowledge of current and new trends in social media marketing, digital content, emerging media, and online communications
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- Experience driving concepting and development of content with in-house and agency partners
- Experience working with influencers, including outreach, management and contracting
- Experience managing different consumer audiences and driving advocacy and community growth for brands via organic and paid digital marketing and social media
- Experience with Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google Analytics, and established social media listening tools like Spredfast/Sprinklr
- Travel to support experiential, sales and media event activations for social media amplification
- Ability to manage a team and foster relationships and career path
- Experience marketing alcoholic beverages preferred
- Passion for the beer/ beverage industry preferred
- Experience with website management tools, preferred
Wage information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is New Belgium's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, or other position-related reasons.
Starting Salary Range: $ 80,000.00 - 93,000.00
All Full time Coworkers at New Belgium enjoy the following benefits after one calendar month of employment: Medical & Dental Insurance (options available for dependents), Basic Term Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, PTO, 401k Match, Paid Caregiver Leave, and Profit Sharing. Certain positions with ‘On Call’ responsibilities may be eligible for phone/data reimbursement. Details will be shared, and questions answered during our interview process.
New Belgium welcomes all. We are committed to building an environment that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive within our own walls and amidst the entire craft beer community.
New Belgium strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.