Peak Drift Brewing Company in Columbia, South Carolina is EXPANDING and looking for a full-time assistant brewer to lead our 5hL pub brewery, with the potential for advancement at our newly opened 25,000 bbl production facility. This person will also help with our soon to open 1bbl Nano Brewery. We want someone with a passion for brewing craft beer, diversifying the industry, and making the world a better place through thoughtful practices. Our assistant brewer will report directly to and work alongside our Master Brewer. The focus of this position is to brew, innovate, and create wide varieties of beer, hard seltzer, coffee, and more.
Health Savings Account w/ “dollar for dollar” match up to $1,050.00
401(k) w/ company match up to 4% of gross annual salary
Career advancement through education and nationally recognized apprenticeship opportunities
Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage
Company sponsored life insurance coverage
A Successful Applicant:
- Must be 21+ years old
- Should have two years of professional brewing experience with focus on brewhouse or cellaring
- Can follow directions and protocol while adapting SOPs for non-standard circumstances
- Can work independently, but knows when to ask for assistance
- Is able to work safely with all materials and equipment involved in brewing and cleaning processes
- Exhibits a strong knowledge of brewing theory and practice
- Has strong skills in communication, organization, record keeping, and time management
As a part of our team, you will:
Beer production from raw materials to tap: Wort production, fermentation, conditioning, carbonating, then kegging or transfer to serving tank, and everything in between
Cellar duties including tank CIP/SIP and preventative maintenance
Yeast management – including collection, evaluation, and repitching
Draft system – cleaning and maintaining draft lines and dispense equipment to restaurant and event kegerators and boxes
Inventory management and recordkeeping
Boiler blow-down and general utilities monitoring including glycol chiller, bulk CO2 equipment, water treatment, etc.
Be a Peak Drift Brewing Company ambassador whether on or off the clock
Specific Physical Demands Required:
The use and wear of personal protective equipment (PPE)
Must be able to routinely lift and maneuver up to 55 lbs and slide, push, or roll up to 165 lbs
Requires frequent ladder climbing, bending, squatting, pulling, pushing, grasping, standing for long periods of time
Involves long periods of varying conditions, from very hot and humid to very cold
YES! YOU SHOULD STILL APPLY IF…
- You don’t have a lot of formal education – the right skills and the desire to learn are more important than a piece of paper that says “you know this much stuff”
- You require flexible working hours – our ability to develop a production plan to accommodate your personal schedule ensures a proper work-life balance
Peak Drift Brewing Company is a new beer and beverage producer operating a microbrewery out of Smoked restaurant in downtown Columbia, SC and a full packaging production facility located just 2 miles from downtown. Our mission is to create world-class, innovative craft beers, seltzers, and more with our state-of-the-art brewing facility while building a stronger community around us. Through our work, we strive to bring diversity to the pool of industry personnel from the ground up to inspire a more inclusive consumer base everywhere.
Your application has been successfully submitted.