Brewer - 2nd Shift
Pontoon Brewing Company, a rising force in the Atlanta craft beer scene, is in search of an experienced, full-time Second Shift Brewer (2pm-10pm) with a passion for the craft and a drive to succeed. Our environment is fast paced and demanding; constantly pushing the limits of our skills, our tools, and our creativity to innovate in every aspect of what we do.
Brewers are responsible for cleaning, production, and packaging activities in the brewery. You will be collaborating with fellow Brewers, Brewery Operations Manager, and distribution/sales, and marketing department managers to ensure timely production of our brands at the highest quality standards. Hours will primarily be second shift but some exceptions may occur.
- Wort production / brew house operations
- Brew house CIP processes
- All finishing operations
- Maintain exceptionally clean work area
- Follow all safety, quality, and company procedures
- Communicate any maintenance or other needs of the operation to maximize and maintain optimum standard Quality control
- A thorough knowledge of the brewing and packaging processes, and the ability to operate the equipment used in each process at an proficient level according to standard operating procedures.
- Two years of brewing experience in a production brewery
- Good time management
- Basic math skills are required
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft software programs (word, outlook, excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deadline oriented and must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
* Strong candidates will have a background in brewing science or a related field.
- Scheduling flexibility, as there is potentially need to cover scheduling gaps based on vacation or sick leave.
- Analytical thinking and the ability to make situation appropriate decisions based on available facts, brewing knowledge, and experience.
- Knowledge of the brewing industry.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
EXPERIENCE IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING IS PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Forklift operation
- BeerSmith software
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Tiantai Brewing equipment
- WildGoose canning lines
All candidates must be highly motivated, self-starting, and able to work without supervision. Some weekends, evenings and holidays are required.
Please email your resume
Your application has been successfully submitted.