JOB OVERVIEW: Packaging Technician is responsible for packaging beer into cans and kegs for wholesale distribution. Position requires a fundamental knowledge of operating, maintaining, and cleaning packaging equipment.
Working for Payette Brewing Company means working with like-minded, fun-loving people who are passionate about beer, making quality products, and excellent customer service. Our employees share a strong team spirit and are recognized for hard work. The Brewery is committed to using quality ingredients with integrity and innovation in the industry. Our facility boasts a killer Tap Room, a fun Beer Garden, and 22,000 square feet of pristine production space.
Our employees don’t just work for Payette. They have fun working for Payette.
- Canning Line
- Operating canning line on a regular basis as directed by Packaging Lead to meet the production schedule.
- Have knowledge of canning line machinery to perform canning operations. This includes knowledge of depalletizer, filler, seamer, date coder, filtec, and switchback.
- Perform canning line changeovers between 12 and 16 oz cans.
- Perform daily CIP based on SOPs to keep canning line in shape and preserve quality of finished beer through the line.
- Label cans as necessary
- Record daily canning on batch packaging logs.
- 12 and 24 Packing
- Run switchback to package 12 and 24 packs as directed.
- Keep switchback machine clean to keep it operating properly.
- Keg Washing
- Have knowledge of keg washing SOPs to thoroughly clean kegs as necessary to meet packaging schedule.
- Keg Filling
- Have knowledge of keg filling SOPs.
- Fill kegs based on packaging schedule.
- Record daily keg filling on batch packaging logs.
- Keep packaging equipment and area clean daily.
- Perform deep clean/foaming of line daily.
- Sweep and mop packaging area weekly.
- Keep packaging material storage clean and organized.
- Take trash and recycling out as needed to keep area organized.
- Destroy unsellable beer and low fills on a regular basis.
- Assist Packaging Lead on equipment maintenance as needed. Equipment includes canning line and components, switchback, keg washer, pallet wrapper and forklift.
- Order Fulfillment
- Assist Warehouse Supervisor in building tap room and distributor orders as needed.
- Sensory Panel
- Participate in brewery sensory panel.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Full-time summer seasonal position $15/per hour starting rate. Potential permanent position.
- Work in a rad environment, alongside even rad-er people!
- PTO accrued each calendar year, starting at a rate of 10 days/year. 5 days PTO awarded on first day of employment.
- Health care coverage for self and eligible dependents available the first day of employment. Payette pays 50% of monthly premium.
- Dental and Vision insurance is available, employee pays 100% of the premium.
- Beer – lots of it.
To apply please send resume
Your application has been successfully submitted.