Come work with us!
About Jack’s Abby:
Founded in 2011 by three brothers, Jack, Eric, and Sam Hendler, Jack’s Abby has become a mainstay of the craft brewing scene in the Northeast and nationwide. The Hendler brothers grew up in a family that promoted entrepreneurship and hard work. Spending summers with their grandfather and working at the family’s ice distribution company, they learned the value of committed family members and loyal employees—the foundation of which Jack’s Abby is based. Our mission and passion is to create high-quality products that honor tradition and the spirit of inspired innovation. With an entrepreneurial heart and a passion for people, we take pride in learning from and contributing to our vibrant community. Jack’s Abby would be nothing without our growing team of dedicated people who are passionate about everything that needs to be done for Jack’s Abby to do what it does best—brew lagers. Join us!
Jack’s Abby is seeking custodian candidates for their 100 Clinton Street location. Reporting to the Warehouse Manager the Custodian performs general custodial work in connection with cleaning and maintaining buildings and grounds. The Custodian is responsible for providing a safe, clean and productive environment for all staff and brewery patrons.
- Clean brewery property such as: beer hall, offices, restrooms, corridors, lab, and kitchen. Typical items within these spaces requiring cleaning are: walls, all types of floors, windows, furniture, woodwork, toilets, sinks, and appliances. Employ all of the following cleaning methods: washing, waxing, buffing, sanitizing, sweeping, polishing, dusting and vacuuming, clean restrooms, in a method that sanitizes and thoroughly provides a fresh quality.
- Remove trash; empty and cleans waste barrels, garbage cans and other waste receptacles.
- Replace bathroom paper goods, light bulbs, batteries, or any required renewable products.
- Operate all types of cleaning equipment required to clean floors, carpets, tables, counters, and other surfaces in the beer hall/Springdale offices.
- Care for all types of cleaning equipment such as; electric sweepers, scrubbers, mops, and general cleaning equipment.
- Keep assigned brewery areas adjacent to buildings including steps and walks clear of trash, sand, and debris; additional pick up of trash and debris in a wider area if directed or assigned by supervisor.
- Shovel snow and apply ice treatment adjacent to building walks and entrances. Provide snow removal campus wide as directed.
- Maintain a supply of job-related cleaning supplies.
- Provide visual checks for repairs, or utility malfunctions and report findings to the supervisor and/or their designee.
- Provide general security checks of buildings and grounds during cleaning tours, checking for unlocked doors, windows and locking/unlocking rooms or buildings as directed by the Supervisor.
- Meet all appropriate work standards: punctual arrival and departure to and from work, proper accounting for time reports and proper notification of time absent from work.
- Prepares site for daily operations (e.g., opening gates, raising flags, sweeping walkway, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring facilities are operational and hazard free.
- Move furniture, load and unload trucks and support Brewery events by setting up tables, chairs and other event equipment.
- Contribute to the overall success of the department by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- One-year professional cleaning or facility maintenance experience
- Must have ability to lift 50lbs, bend, stoop and twist on a daily basis; able to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time; able to climb stairs and ladders (up to 6')
- Participate and meet all standards of required training programs
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Preferred qualifications include high school/diploma/GED, basic proficiency with web-based computer applications, and the ability to make general facility repairs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Experience working safely with strong cleaning agents is required.
- All Brewery employees are expected to be vaccinated against Covid 19 prior to their start date or request a medical or sincerely held religious belief exemption. Please reach out to Margaret Naughton, Director of HR with questions. (Maggien@jacksabby.com)
- This position is considered essential personnel and will be expected to report to work during emergency closings and may be required to work occasional evenings, weekends or holidays (including overtime) to respond to Brewery events, facility related incidents or urgent needs.
Your application has been successfully submitted.