Quality Assurance/Quality Control Lab Technician
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hangar 24 Craft Brewery is looking for motivated, talented service industry professionals who are passionate about all things food, beverage, and hospitality.
Oversight of brewery QA/QC program ensuring production of consistent, high-quality beer. Supervises lab operations, lab personnel and lab equipment. Responsible for ensuring daily quality checks are completed and data is recorded and analyzed.
- Performs daily quality checks including Starting & Finishing Gravities, pH, Yeast Count & Viability, IBUs, Color, DO, TPO, etc for each batch in accordance with SOPs
- Is responsible for adhering to all rules, regulations, policies, programs, and related Hangar 24 HACCP, GMP, 6S etc. to ensure safety / quality / efficiency of Hangar 24 products and equipment.
- Maintains detailed and accurate QA/QC records
- Works to continually improve quality of production beers
- Develops future protocol for QA/QC testing parameters
- Maintains all laboratory equipment
- Conducts microbial analysis of production beer & environment
- Helps develop and oversee the Sensory Program including Tasting Panel
- Helps develop and implement non-saccharomyces fermentation program and spirit barrel ageing program
- Presents QA/QC information, with recommendations for improvements, to Production Manager and Director of Brewing
- Trains staff in laboratory methods and procedures
- Maintains a clean, functional lab environment
- Recommends new or updated QA/QC checks with focus on continuous improvement of QA/QC program
- Maintain lab inventory including purchasing within guidelines of budget plan
- Audits SOPs with focus on critical control points as related to quality.
- 4 year degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry or related science or equivalent experience.
- Strong lab background with experience using a variety of lab instruments & chemicals
- Ability to perform repeated analyses consistently and accurately
- Extremely detail oriented and thorough in methodology
- Ability to supervise others and ensure consistent, accurate results
- Familiarity with ASBC standard methods of analysis
- Familiarity with sensory science and sensory analysis
- Experience with microbiological analysis including sterile sampling, plating, identification, quantifying & culturing
- Passion for creating and analyzing data
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate between diverse members of a team
- Ability to collect, record and present data in a meaningful fashion
- Passion for experimentation and lifelong learning
- Strong self-motivator
- Sound judgment
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work while standing for long hours consecutive hours
- Medical/Dental insurance
- AD&D and Life Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Vacation, personal and sick leave
Your application has been successfully submitted.