The Brand Director is the Brooklyn Brewery brand guardian, and collaborates closely with the VP of Marketing on the strategy, planning, development and execution of all creative and content that comes out of our Brooklyn, NY HQ. This role is ultimately responsible for the visual identity of the brand in support of our brand vision: to be globally recognized as a culturally iconic brand in beverage, delivering the “Brooklyn State of Mind” to the world.
We’re looking for this person to be the brand champion and expert that will shape the approach for our evolved identity as we take the brand to new heights in our next chapter. This person will play a critical role in determining how we show up across all touchpoints consistently to build brand awareness, recognition, and create excitement to be a compelling and competitive brand.
To do this, this person will work closely with the Brooklyn Brewery HQ Marketing Team, as well as our partners internationally, to ensure we have elevated and effective assets to bring our brand to life across each initiative covering all marketing channels (PR, Activations/Events, Paid Social, Organic Social, Digital, Website, Email, Partnerships, Merch, and more), at Retail / in the Tasting Room, across our Products and Packaging, and within On and Off Premise channels. This will require highly creative thinking, an ability to work cross-functionally, and excellent organization, communication and execution skills to manage the projects and team that delivers on this.
The Brand Director is an important part of the Marketing Leadership Team and plays a key role translating the marketing plan and wider business needs, to develop the right integrated strategies and creative across each initiative - ultimately turning ‘ideas into things’.
This position reports to the VP of Marketing, and has two FT team members: Art Director and Senior Graphic Designer. The Art Director reports directly into the Brand Director, and the Senior Graphic Designer reports to the Art Director. The PT Junior Designer also reports to the Art Director.
- Serve as the guardian of the brand’s identity, including defining, owning, managing and implementing the the Brooklyn Brewery brand guidelines and guardrails across all we do
- Play a critical part in rolling out the Brooklyn Brewery Masterbrand and Tagline across all guidelines, guardrails, creative and content (i.e. brand assets), and consumer touchpoints
- Audit existing landscape of brand assets and copy, determine what’s missing, and create an asset management system across all content (location, information, rights, copy etc)
- Develop the strategy, positioning and creative approach for Brooklyn Brewery campaigns, with best in class content for both the US market and international markets (where relevant) to ensure consistent and excellent execution
- Work closely with key stakeholders domestically and internationally from alignment through to execution
Asset & Content Creation:
- Overall this role will act as the lead for all incoming creative and content requests from both US and International teams and manage the workflow and prioritization from start to finish
- This person will work closely with key stakeholders to identify the right campaign needs and assets including but not limited to product design, photography, video, creative campaigns, social and digital copy
- For each Product, and Product Launch:
- Work with key stakeholders to develop the strategy, approach, content and assets needed for deployment across marketing and sales channels (product and lifestyle) in line with the Annual Business Planning calendar and key yearly initiatives
- For each Brand Moment and Brand Playground initiatives
- Work with key stakeholders to develop the strategy, approach, content ideas (still + video), and suite of assets needed (‘toolkit’) to deliver on each moment cohesively with the consumer front and center, and in adherence to brand standards and guidelines
- This means managing all photo shoots and content capture needs for each moment across the marketing calendar to support each channel
- Play a key role in the strategy, creation and launch plans for our reimagined and upleveled evergreen Brooklyn Brewery Merch collection and how this comes to life across e-commerce channels
- Lead positioning and development of all brand copy, delivering on the right tone of voice tailored to the relevant initiative, product, or marketing channel need, with knowledge and expertise of how this changes across each area
- This role will be a key stakeholder in our new ‘Brand Home’ of 1 Wythe and the design inputs for how we want our brand to come to life both overall and across key areas of the fit-out (i.e. retail)
- As mentioned above, Masterbrand roll out across all consumer touchpoints will be a crucial project for this role, inclusive of reimagining our Merch/Wearables strategy, development and execution (consumer and trade)
Design Team Management:
- Lead and develop the Design Team, providing clear direction across all projects delivering high quality work that meets brand standards
- Prioritize the Design Team’s work and resources, establishing and managing production schedules, deadlines, and budgets
- As part of this: review, assess, and adjust all current work-flows, processes and creative ways of working and uplevel for 2023 and beyond
- 8+ years experience leading brand and/or creative at a relevant brand (CPG nice but not necessary)
- Highly creative and curious
- Strong communication skills and ability to convey creative ideas
- Finger on the pulse, and good understanding of emerging trends
- Experienced leader who can inspire and direct
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Solution-oriented, and not afraid to roll up their sleeves
- Ability to balance the bigger picture, with real-time executional details
- Excellent cross-functional partner with strong business acumen
- Experience across Google and Microsoft Suites
- Experience across Asana, Dropbox, DAM systems (not essential)
- Ability to communicate in Design Language and File Types
This role is based at Brooklyn Brewery, 79 North 11th Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11249.
Brooklyn Brewery is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or marital status. All qualified candidates including those from marginalized or minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.