This job is no longer accepting applications.
REPORTS TO: Lead Brewer
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Salary $40k + production bonus. Must be available to begin work immediatly.
EXTERNAL POSTING DATES: 3-21-2021 to-3-31-2021
The perfect cellarperson will work collaboratively with the Lead Brewer to produce high quality product with efficiency for our three brands; Mantra Artisan Ales, Steel Barrel Brewing Co and Humulus Project. We also produce a significant amount of co-pack hard seltzer product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Filters and transfers all finished product.
- Blends and carbonates all product.
- Occasionally asked to assist in brew prep, clean up, and even a brew shift if necessary.
- Promotes an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork within the department and the company..
- Effectively presents beer production in weekly cross department meetings regarding Quality and Production.
- Advocates a continuous improvement culture throughout his/her team.
- Assists in development and updating of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as necessary.
- Holds self and packaging folks accountable for adhering to SOPs and maintaining a sanitary and micro-biologically stable work environment.
- Facilitates future growth of the brewery through continuous optimization of current processes.
- Maintain brewing, cellaring, filtration, packaging and other related documentation in an organized and complete manner.
- Provide hands on relief of all positions as necessary.
REQUIRED SOFTWARE/HARDWARE USED:
- MS Office products; including Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Experience operating and managing an automated 60 BBL brew system utilizing factory talk, or similar technology.
- Windows 10 OS.
- Drop Box and project management experience a plus.
- ERP Ekos or Orchestrated Beer a plus.
THE ULTIMATE CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- 2+ Years of cellar/brewing experience. Brewing hard seltzer experience preferred but not necessary.
- College degree and certification from an accredited brewing program, with a focus in microbiology, food science or chemical engineering a plus.
- Strong mechanical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work unsupervised and manage your own time and the time of others effectively
- Focus on quality and consistency of finished product
- Work is in Mufreesboro TN
- Occasional travel required.
- Must be able to pick-up 55lbs and possibly stand for long periods.
PLEASE APPLY HERE:
If you are interested in this position please supply a resume, cover letter, AND portfolio to email@example.com with the header “Make me the next Cellarperson/Brewer”.
ABOUT LIFE IS BREWING
Life is Brewing is a team of skilled hyper gregarious beer professionals that own Mantra Artisan Ales, Steel Barrel Brewing Co, and Hop Springs Beer Park. We have expanded with a new brewery in Murfreesboro TN to provide co-pack opportunities for beer, seltzer, and RTD brands.
Hop Springs is a new 60 bbl fully automated 5 vessel brewery with a canning line that can produce 2.5m cases per year. The brewery will produce 65k bbls+ this year in its second year of operation. Hop Springs broke ground in the spring of 2017. The property is an 84-acre farm that has a 18 hole disc golf course, amphitheater, taproom, hiking trail, wedding venue, and of course a brewery.
Your application has been successfully submitted.