At Iron Hill Brewery, we’re not in it for the fame or the glory. We’re in it because we love what we do. Which is brewing beer.
The most award-winning brewery east of the Mississippi is looking for a brewer. Is it you?
And, we know you have heaps of experience honing your craft, sharing your passion with others, and thrive in an environment that provides a strong culture, uncompromised standards, and accountability. And we know you’re looking to showcase your abilities in a reputable, growing company that truly Inspires Loyalty.
Oh, yeah --- you should also really love beer.
Here’s what we’re looking for in our Brewers…
- Minimum 3+ years professional brewing experience. Past leadership experience, formal brewing education, and mechanical aptitude are critical to the success in this role. Ties within the craft brewing industry with vendors and other breweries is a plus.
- Willingness to work 40 hrs./week and overtime, in a brewery and restaurant setting that incorporates all aspects of brewing, and service with a smile
- The ability to lift 55+ pounds from ground to shoulder height, 110+ pounds from ground to waist height, and 165+ pounds of kegged beer from one location to another along the ground repeatedly throughout the workday
- The ability to climb stairs, ramps, and ladders
- The ability to work in a loud environment
- Basic knowledge of brewery processes, recipe formulation, ingredients, and ability to troubleshoot basic quality issues
- Basic understanding of brewery equipment, including maintenance and troubleshooting
- The ability to safely execute the standard operating procedures necessary to produce high-quality, award-winning beer
- Ability to execute and manage a high quality, efficient brewery operation with no serious deficiencies and consistently meet Department Deliverables
- Excellent verbal, written and typed communication skills, as well as the ability to calculate basic algebra
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Able to coordinate and communicate with restaurant team and upper-level management
- The ability to keep a clean, safe, organized, and efficient brewery throughout the entire workday. We’re looking for “tour ready” at the end of the workday.
- Ability to understand and practice sanitation and safety procedures. As well as comply with OSHA standards for hazard communication, lock-out/tag-out, confined space entry and chemical handling
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks and time to ensure completion of all daily, weekly and monthly projects
- Maintain detailed records and quality control reporting
- Ability to lead public tours and tastings. Educate and create excitement around Iron Hill Brewery beer through engagement with staff and guests.
- Ability to work safely, identify, and correct safety hazards in a brewery environment
- Willingness to learn and grow with our expanding operations
- Participate in festivals and promotional events as needed
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency while smoothly handling multiple demands and rapid changes
- Ability to organize and execute one’s daily, weekly, and monthly workload
- Skilled in thinking critically and problem solving
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
- Flexible schedule to accommodate the demands of production
- Possess a reliable mode of transportation and the ability to arrive to work on time
Our Head Brewers –
- Report to a Senior Head Brewer
- Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Champion the Brewery Department
- Lead any Direct Reports through clear priorities around safety and quality while providing regular feedback on performance
- Operation proficiency in all three main brewery areas:
- Milling Grain
- Production of high-quality wort
- Load raw materials, such as dry hops, and process aids into the beer throughout various production stages
- Maintain proper cellar records:
- Daily Gravities
- pH Checks
- Yeast Drops
- Fermentation Progression Evaluation
- Schedule future tasks based on the status of fermentation
- Harvest and Pitch yeast
- Filter, transfer, and carbonate finished beer
- Clean and fill kegs and casks
- Ensure all Brewery Facilities and Equipment are operating safely and efficiently through the completion of periodic cleaning and maintenance tasks
- Maintain the department standard of a “Tour Ready” facility by ensuring the overall daily cleanliness of the:
- Entire Brewery
- Cellar and Packaging Areas
- Brewhouse Equipment
- Tank Exteriors
- Brewery Floors/Walls/Ceilings
- Identify, fix and/or work around any issues that may arise during the workday
- Maximize output by reducing downtime throughout the brewing, cellaring and packaging process
- Maintain an accurate and orderly inventory of malt, hops and other brewing supplies
- Accurate and timely documentation of all processes, procedures, cleaning and maintenance
- Ensure all beers are made in adherence to standardized operating procedures and are free of defect upon evaluation
- Perform other duties as assigned
At Iron Hill Brewery, our Brewers work with our Leadership Team, to ensure execution of their respective operations is consistent with our Core Values.
We offer you a flight of benefits to brewing a career with us:
- Work/life balance
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Paid Time Off – managers accrue 10 days per year
- Discounts and a Comp Card for food & beer
- Advancement opportunities as we grow and open new restaurants!
Your application has been successfully submitted.