Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
River Barrel Brewing, Inc (Buoy Beer, Pilot House Distilling, and River Barrel Distributing) is looking for a Payroll & Benefits Coordinator to join our team. This role will first and foremost support our payroll and benefits administration needs, with the potential to grow into other areas in the HR and/or Finance realm. The coordinator will initially report to our HR Manager, but this may evolve over time. You'll help ensure that we have smooth and accurate bi-weekly payrolls and on-going benefit practices. We are looking for someone who is just as comfortable solving problem, researching data discrepancies, as they are treating all employees with respect and empathy.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for hourly, salaried, and 1099 employees
- Collect and verify payroll data from various systems and manual sources
- Act as first point of contact and research/respond to employee inquiries related to benefits, payroll, and compensation
- Maintain employee records in payroll and benefit systems (raises, bonuses, benefit earnings and deductions)
- Collect and process PTO, Sick Time, and reimbursement requests
- Respond to all unemployment claims in a timely manner
- Respond to and manage garnishments
- Administer paid and unpaid leave policies for all employees (FMLA, OFLA, etc.)
- Participate in on-boarding and off-boarding of employees
- Process I-9 and E-verify cases on hire date
- Assist with assigning and tracking Employee Training requirements
- Gather data and submit accurate mandatory reporting including EEO, OSHA300, etc.
- Assist the Finance department with payroll/ benefit related audits
- Work with HR, Finance, and HRIS provider (PaychexFlex) in setting up new states and the necessary taxes/ deductions
- Coordinate, communicate, and assist in celebrating employee birthdays and anniversaries
- Provide payroll related data to internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in accounting, business administration, or related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience administering payroll and benefits (required) for mid-sized company (50 – 200)
- Work experience that demonstrates knowledge of payroll practices, benefits administration, HR administration and compliance (Oregon & Washington, additional state experience preferred!)
- Strong knowledge of and quick to learn computer software applications including payroll (PaychexFlex), benefits, time & attendance (Hospitality POS)
- Very comfortable with MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Cloud based storage, etc.
- Advanced Excel desired!
- Strong understanding of HR processes and terminology, payroll and benefit processes and procedures, including eligibility and enrollment rules
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and as part of the team
- High-level of interpersonal skills; exhibit extraordinary discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to research and reconcile discrepancies
- Must be able to clearly read, write, and communicate in English
- This job includes prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Your application has been successfully submitted.