Upslope Brewing Company is a Certified B Corporation, which means we meet high standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency. Through investment in our employees, continuous process improvement and a focus on innovation, we aim to deliver a high quality product, while prioritizing environmental stewardship and inclusion in our operations, brand and partnerships.
We are looking for a diligent Accountant to join our team. The accounting responsibilities of this role include: maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, conducting internal audits, and maintaining accounts payable documentation. The administrative duties include creating and managing the check-run process; managing our vehicle insurance and compliance records; vendor account management; license renewals for the states we conduct business in; as well as other miscellaneous projects as assigned. This role will assist the accounting and executive teams as needed and respond to information requests by management and for auditing purposes.
To be successful, you should have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), strong financial analysis skills, advanced Excel skills and excellent leadership qualities. Additionally, being detail-oriented, organized, able to work with little to no supervision and as part of a team, coupled with exceptional communication skills, will lead to success in this position.
The Accountant reports directly to the Director of Finance, works as a part of the Accounting team and may assist the executives and founders of Upslope Brewing Company. This position is an in-person role with the option of occasional, remote flexibility of up to 2-days per week after 6 months of employment.
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development of department efficiencies.
- Manage the check-run process.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assisting the accounting department and Founders as needed.
- Maintain vendor relationships and compliance status.
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting Upslope staff as required or assigned.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm and opportunity to move to a structured flexible schedule after 6-months of employment
Compensation, Benefits + Culture:
Upslope offers a transparent and unique work environment with an emphasis on teamwork and innovation. It’s important to make sure each employee understands the impact they have on the mission. We work for beer, but get paid in dollars
Compensation Package includes:
- Starting base salary $55,000 - $70,000 annually
- Paid Time Off, Sick Pay, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Hours beginning 30-days after employment
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ Disability/ Life insurance with company contribution beginning 30-days after employment
- 401(k) with company match beginning day one
- Free RTD EcoPass
- Free Beer (Daily taproom perks and monthly retail beer allotments)
- Merchandise discounts
- Discounts & Pro Deals on outdoor equipment & activities
- Professional Development opportunities
- And many more!
Qualifications/Position Requirements and Specifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Exceptional math skills and Excel proficiencies.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy and integrity.
- Willingness to comply with all local, state, federal, and company regulations.
- Attention to detail and the ability to analyze large amounts of data.
Desired/Preferred, but Not Required:
- Demonstrated experience in managing self and working with a team.
- Experience working in a similar role at a Brewery with exposure to OBeer
- Related advanced degree or certification
- Proficiency with computers, especially bookkeeping software and MS Office and G-Suite.
- Strong time and stress management skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision and as part of a team.
Still Apply If…
- You have exceptional accounting experience but have never managed others.
At Upslope, we’re committed to building justice, equity, and inclusion in every aspect of our company. Our goal is to create the ultimate culture of belonging for everyone, regardless of your craft beer knowledge or the number of powder days you crushed this season. We value what makes you unique and want to ensure that you feel encouraged and welcomed to apply, work, and Après Everything™ at Upslope.
Upslope is an equal-opportunity employer. We hire, promote, course-correct, and terminate based on merit, performance and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including but not limited to: race, color, religion, age, veteran status, medical condition (including pregnancy and genetic information) sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and criminal history (as our licenses allow.)
Your application has been successfully submitted.