City Brewing Company, a leading manufacturer in the beverage industry, has an immediate opening for a Production Supervisor at our La Crosse, WI facility. This position will oversee the start-up, operations and completion of assigned production lines including but not limited to: equipment and operator safety, front line quality control checks, proper supplies, instruction on equipment operations, production reporting, material tests, maintaining / improving line efficiencies, and overall packaging employee supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure safety procedures are followed by adherence to Company policies.
- Ensure front line quality check compliance to meet Company quality standards.
- Recommend measures to maintain safe operations, improve production methods, equipment performance and use of equipment to increase efficiency, quality and safety of the department or work crew.
- Study production schedule to ascertain type and quantity of product, containers to be used, codes, package number, planning sequence of production and other packaging requirements.
- Compose weekly staffing schedule based on production requirements to ensure efficient operations and minimal overtime.
- Participate in the appropriate selection and usage of resources (materials, systems, utilities and equipment) required for the effective operations.
- Confer with management, other departments, supervisors, and operators to coordinate activities to assure a safe environment, quality product, and product operations.
- Initiate personnel actions, such as performance evaluations, and disciplinary measures. Suggest and initiate plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals. Analyze and resolve work problems or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Assist in internal auditing, such as GMP, HACCP and Safety.
- Ensure compliance with Internal, Federal, State and local guidelines and regulations including GMP, HACCP, OSHA, FDA and TTB.
ADDITIONAL SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Check the machinery of the lines for operational readiness and proper setup.
- Oversee the operations of the lines during production.
- Direct changeovers to assure proper materials are used, proper amounts are produced and proper codes are used.
- Frequently review the operator quality assurance checks throughout the shift.
- At shutdown, be present to assure the proper length of run and that all machinery, conveyors, air, CO2, water and chain lube is shut off.
- Take case counts and record.
- Create work orders for repairs or improvements needed on the lines.
- Supervise training of employees in operations, safety, quality standards, GMP’s and HACCP procedures.
- Minimum High School education. BA/BS in Business, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Strong background in people skills and hands on front line supervisory experience preferred in the area of packaging.
- Experience in a high-speed packaging environment.
- Food or beverage production experience preferred.
- Selected candidate must be willing to work any shift, and weekends when necessary, to cover the needs of the business.
City Brewing Company provides a competitive salary and benefit package that includes: Health, Life, Dental and Long Term Disability Insurance; Section 125; 401(k); and more. This position will remain open until filled.
If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume, including salary requirements, to: Human Resources City Brewing Company 925 South Third Street La Crosse, WI 54601 - Email with subject line "Production Supervisor"
Your application has been successfully submitted.