Human Resources Intern
City Brewing Company, a leading contract manufacturer in the beverage industry, has an immediate opening for a highly motivated Human Resources Intern at our La Crosse, WI facility. The responsibilities associated with this position include a wide variety of HR, recruiting, and administrative duties, and we are looking for someone with a strong eagerness to learn, a creative outlook, and an ability to adapt in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
The Human Resources Intern will have the opportunity to collaborate with our team in various capacities while gaining experience that can be applied directly to future career opportunities. You will gain exposure to general HR and recruiting activities to learn and grow as a professional while also assisting the HR department with day-to-day tasks.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Human Resources team with recruitment activities including revising job descriptions, posting positions to job boards, reviewing resumes, screening applicants, and scheduling interviews
- Assist with hourly production, non-exempt interviews
- Support process improvements and assist with a multitude of projects for Talent Acquisition and across HR
- Source candidates via resume databases and networking sites
- Schedule screens, coordinate orientations, and create personnel announcements for new hires
- Assist the Talent Acquisition team with conducting new hire orientation
- Assist with administrative tasks to support the Human Resource function
- Assist with a wide variety of other HR generalist activities
We are looking for someone who can work 10-20 hours per week during the school year and full-time during school breaks. Flexible work hours can be established to match your class schedule. The ideal candidate will be in the position a minimum of one year in length, ideally working through May 2024 or beyond. This position is a great opportunity to learn Human Resources functions and build recruiting skills, doing real work that has a high impact on the overall business.
- Currently a sophomore- or junior-standing student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related degree
- Ability to organize and prioritize work effectively within a fast paced, high-volume and task-oriented role
- Self-motivated with a track record of taking initiative; strong willingness to learn in the field of HR
- Ability to establish trust and confidence through skilled verbal and written communications with managers, peers and candidates
- Possess a sense of urgency along with a professional demeanor
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent team player while still being able to work independently
Your application has been successfully submitted.