Packaging Specialist I
The Packaging Specialist sets up, tends, cleans and changes over machines that perform one or more packaging functions such as depalletizing, conveying, rinsing, cleaning, filling, marking, labelling, packing, sealing, indexing, palletizing, or wrapping containers and packs by performing the following duties.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Stop the job for safety
- Performs duties necessary to maintain clean and sanitary packaging halls/lines.
- Prepares and starts machines, observes operations to detect malfunctions and potential concerns for safety, quality, product integrity, or productivity.
- Stops and starts machines as necessary to accommodate production variables or make adjustments. Reports adverse conditions to departmental leadership.
- Inspects primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging components, codes, and products to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications.
- Feeds packaging material and components to conveyors, hoppers, or other feeding devices, and unloads packaged product.
- Connects, cleans, and sanitizes piping from bright beer storage vessels to and through fillers via automated and/or manual methods. Tends to transfers from bright beer storage vessels through filling machines to primary packaging containers.
- Reports or records production and non-production data on designated forms in a timely, complete, and accurate manner.
- Has meaningful communication with peers handing over or taking on production spaces at shift changes by addressing safety of the area, cleanliness of the area, action items related to production or non-production tasks, technical items related to equipment effectiveness.
- Follows departmental guidelines and procedures, maintains compliance with all documentation requirements within established document control programs.
- Character - Treats people with tact and respect; Keeps commitments; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Works with integrity and ethically; Reacts well under pressure; Consistently at work and on time; Displays willingness to make decisions; Takes ownership of results both good and bad; Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust.
- Communication Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Participates in meetings; speaks clearly and informatively; Presents information effectively; Is able to read and interpret written and spoken information; Freely gives and receives constructive feedback to peers and leadership.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Technical Skills – Has the ability to understand basic machine operations, execute those operations both manually and via human machine interface, and make informed decisions to discern next steps when faced with technical difficulties.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Enlists the help of peers and leadership to solve problems and provide direction for team; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Safety, Quality, and Productivity - Observes safety and security procedures; Seeks clarification on appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Conserves organizational resources; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Measures self and team against standard of excellence; Completes tasks on time.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently; Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Commitment - Demonstrates sustained dedication to the completeness and accuracy of all departmental transactions, procedures, and task. Ensures the sanitation directions and standards of Avery Brewing Co are executed regularly and completely for all areas of responsibility.
Qualifications and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and / or Experience
HS Diploma or equivalency required.
Ability to read and speak both simple and complex ideas and concepts from different information sources. Ability to formulate and apply concrete concepts between those sources in verbal format and communicate to individuals or groups.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide real numbers. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight, measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple single or multistep instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to hot and or cold,; wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment can be in excess of 85db.
$18.00 - $19.00 for Packaging Specialist depending on experience. Benefits include paid company holidays, health, dental, vision, and other ancillary benefit coverage, paid vacation time off, paid sick time off, parental leave, 401(k) matching, an RTD bus pass, generous food and beer perks, discount partnerships with local businesses, and more!
Your application has been successfully submitted.