Icicle Brewing Company is seeking a Shift Brewer to join our team in the beautiful mountain town of Leavenworth, Washington! We are an independent craft brewery located in the heart of Washington's Cascade Mountains. We are passionate about our beer, our people, our customers, and our community.
At Icicle Brewing Company, our family loves bringing people together through great craft beer experiences every day. We value relationships, quality, safety, integrity, and sustainability. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable and just environment for all employees.
The primary responsibilities of a Shift Brewer include all tasks required to turn raw materials into finished beer at our 20 bbl production brewery and 5 bbl pub brewery, both in the brewhouse and in the cellar. A Shift Brewer is involved in many aspects of the beer making process including product development, sourcing of raw materials, brewing beer, meeting customers, and marketing beer. We are seeking someone who loves great craft beer and all parts of the brewing process.
Essential Job Duties:
- The complete brewing process from milling to wort production, to fermentation and filtration.
- Cleaning and sanitizing tanks, cleaning the outsides of vessels, cleaning floors, and maintaining the appearance of the brewhouse and cellar.
- Cellar management including yeast pitching, daily fermentation tracking and dry-hopping.
- Close adherence to all policies and safety procedures, as provided.
- Upholding and advancing our quality standards.
- Accurately completing all SOPS.
- Cleaning and sanitizing regularly.
- Basic cellar work, including transfers, filtering, fining, dry hopping, carbonating beer, and basic sensory.
- Assist with packaging, including kegging and canning.
- Experience conducting basic laboratory work, including cell counts, pH measurement, ABV, and extract measurement.
Other Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Positive outlook and attitude
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining quality and safety standards
- Attention to detail and hygiene
- Ability to manage multiple processes simultaneously
- Good time management
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff throughout the brewery
- Must have a valid driver’s license
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This position does not have fiscal responsibilities.
- The work environment is usually that of a brewery/warehouse
- The employee regularly works with hazardous chemicals
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, hot water, and steam
- The employee frequently must work in a sanitary environment
- Industrial cleaning and sanitizing chemicals including strong acids and bases
- Works on the canning line and keg filling
- Hoses, valves, clamps, gaskets, and other brewery equipment
- Forklifts, pallet jacks (manual & electric), hand trucks
- Oversized delivery truck
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb throughout an 8-10 hour brewing shift
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50lbs and drag up to 100 lbs
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to focus on small moving objects
- Must be able to participate in the critical assessment of beers (i.e. must be 21+)
- Comfortable working in potentially confined spaces.
- Ability to work in spaces with potentially large swings in temperature, or in sustained cold or hot conditions.
- Basic chemical hygiene and chemical handling.
Education & Experience
- 1+ years of professional brewing or cellar experience
Job Type: Full Time
Benefits: Employees are eligible for medical and dental insurance, company IRA matching, access to passes to Mission Ridge and Leavenworth Winter Sports Club, access to Seattle Sounders Season Tickets, and more!
Please note that this job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee(s) assigned to this job. The content contained therein is not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and activities required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice, and additional work may be assigned as appropriate.
Icicle Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and unlawful harassment based on age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, military status, marital status, use of a trained service animal, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable and just environment for all employees.
Your application has been successfully submitted.