Join our team! New Holland Brewing Co - Michigan's largest independently owned brewery, and the maker of iconic beers like Dragon's Milk, Tangerine Space Machine and Ichabod - is hiring experienced Brewers. ***This is not an entry level position***
The team is moving to a new schedule in 2023. Training will take place on standard 8-hour shifts until early 2023, then the team is moving to a three (3) 12-hour shift schedule.
- Brewers will work three (3) 12-hour shifts:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday OR Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
- 6:00 pm - 6:00 am (These are overnight shifts)
What we offer you
- An innovative, growing company in our industry.
- A strong culture: one that is guided through our Mission, Vision and Values.
- A collaborative, caring, creative and engaging place to work.
- Great Perks.
- Benefits effective DAY ONE.
- An amazing team that has your back!
The Brewer will be responsible for all brewing practices, day to day production of beer, inventory management, dry hopping, barrel aging, filtration and transferring of beer, cleaning & maintenance of brewing facility and all associated equipment and supplies, and all record-keeping. The Brewer is expected to work autonomously and with the rest of the Brewhouse team.
What you would do
- Lead and act in a manner that is consistent with our mission, vision, and values.
- Follow approved procedures for CIP, COP and Sanitizing of tanks and parts.
- Ensure that all beer is produced according to defined quality standards and specifications.
- Keep accurate brewing and quality records during all steps of the brewing process and ensure data is accurate in Orchestrated beer.
- Transfer beer to various locations.
- Dry hop using various methods.
- Transfer beer to and from barrels.
- Meet production goals and standards while managing manufacturing costs.
- Troubleshoot tools and machines when needed.
- Ensure safe brewery operation including enforcement of lock out tag out, PPE, operation of powered industrial equipment, machine guarding, facility order and cleanliness, hazardous material handling, etc.
- Abide by all food, safety, and GMP rules & regulations.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
What you offer us
- Technical brewing knowledge.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with all organizational levels.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe work environment.
- Knowledge of Brewing and packaging theory.
- Basic mechanical troubleshooting ability.
- Able to lift fifty (50) pounds from floor to overhead repeatedly throughout a shift.
- Able to work in environments of heat, cold, and humidity.
- Ability to work in confined spaces when required.
- Must be able to work any shift including weekends when called upon.
- Relevant higher level of education such as IBD General Certificate in Brewing or Diploma, VLB, BSc in Brewing of Distilling or similar.
- 1-2 years brewing experience.
- Experience with Orchestrated Beer.
- Other brewery related experience (Cellar work, packaging, etc.).
At New Holland Brewing Company, we are on a mission to enhance the quality of people’s lives.
New Holland Brewing Company’s vision is to create savored moments for the world.
We Believe * We Engage * We Own * We Lead * We Act with Integrity * We Care
How your job supports the mission
- Ensure beer is brewed according to each recipe for consistency.
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment to ensure a food-safe environment
- Provide support for fellow Team Members.
Summary of a typical day
- Ensure inventory is put away and organized properly (hops, malt, etc.).
- Ensure that Orchestrated Beer (Obeer) is being processed daily and is accurate, including the Q.C. info.
Reports to: Brewhouse & Cellar Manager
New Holland conducts job-related background checks prior to hire to ensure a safe and secure work environment in which current team members, guests, and company assets are protected, while protecting the integrity and confidentiality of information gathered during the evaluation.
Background checks are conducted on the finalist only following the issuance of a contingent offer of employment. At this point in the hiring process, you would be asked to authorize New Holland to conduct the background check. You would be provided with online authorization and disclosure forms that require identifying information, including other names used, Social Security Number and birthdate, current address, and contact information.
Candidates with questions are encouraged to contact the Talent Acquisition & Development Specialist from People & Culture at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
For Gezellig Times