The Packaging Technician is the primary operator of equipment in the packaging of canned and kegged beer and assists in the logistical operations of distribution to wholesale customers, under general supervision of the Head Brewer.
- Ensures that the packaging line is always ready to run and maintains excellent sanitation of all packaging areas and peripheral things, including all associated documents and checklists
- Operate and troubleshoot equipment in the packaging of canned and kegged beer, to include basic operation of all supporting equipment
- Supports quality assurance and control initiatives under supervision of the Head Brewer
- Stack, prepare, and coordinate the movement of all finished products to cold storage in coordination with other members of the Production Team
- Assist Production Team in warehouse cleaning and projects
- Other tasks as assigned by the Head Brewer
- Mechanically inclined and comfortable using basic hand tools
- High attention to detail in operations and documentation
- Willingness to work in a flow-to-work team environment with positions ranging from running high-speed machinery to manually stacking finished-good pallets
- Ability to work with a constant focus on safety while adhering to policies and goals
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years of machine operation experience in a production environment
- Mechanical and/or electrical skills/experience
- Mechanical/Technical Trade Certificate
- Bottling line/high-speed filling operation experience
- Forklift certification
- Physical and demanding in nature
- Involves working with potentially dangerous equipment, machinery, exposure to high noise levels, and handling of hazardous materials.
- Stands and/or traverses brewery for long periods of time
- Frequently climbs stairs/staircase
- Frequently bends, moves, transports, or lifts 60 pounds and moves 165 pounds safely
- Can work in both hot and cold temperatures
Travel required: None
Additional eligibility requirements
- Must be over 21 years of age
While the job environment promotes steady, methodical work output so that processes can be completed on time and error-free, our brewhouse is fast paced. The demands of the job are rapidly changing as we scale production to meet our current market demand. You will actively be asking to inform and build processes and systems, in addition to executing existing SOP’s.
Based in the historic steel town of Braddock, twenty minutes east of downtown Pittsburgh, along the Monongahela River. Located in a renovated electrical supply storefront and warehouse in the shadow of the still-operating Edgar Thomson Works, the first Bessemer steel plant built by Andrew Carnegie.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
BG is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating dignified jobs and cultivating an inclusive workplace. Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Your application has been successfully submitted.