Two Brothers Brewing Company, the largest privately-owned production brewery in the Chicagoland area, is seeking dedicated and motivated individuals to join our packaging team. Our goal is to locate individuals with a passion and desire to work as a part of our talented brewery team to produce and package an outstanding product that lives up to the standards that fans of Two Brothers have grown to expect. These standards are upheld by our mantra: safety, quality, and production, in that order.
The ideal candidate would, first and foremost, have a passion for craft beer and also have work experience in the packaging and/or beverage industry. Experience with fillers, labelers, packers, sealers, pallet jacks is a plus. Respect for co-workers, supervisors, ownership & managers is paramount. Most importantly, the ideal candidate possesses an attitude that no job is beneath them. This is a physical & versatile role that asks the packaging team help out in nearly every facet of the company.
The role of a Packaging Operator includes the following:
- Following standard operating procedures
- Start-up, sterilization, operation, and clean-up of the brewery’s CFT can line, KHS bottle line and/or Comac keg line
- Performing preventative maintenance based on established schedules; ensuring that daily, weekly, and annual maintenance are achieved
- Recording all necessary quality assurance and production data
- Constantly evaluating work practices in the spirit of continuous improvement with a strong focus on safety, quality and efficiency,
- Work with the QC department in sensory training
- Packaging multi-packs, re-packs
- Cross-training in other production roles including assisting with cellaring, soda production and various other departments
- Cleaning and upkeep of the brewery
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities required of candidate:
- Strong mechanical ability preferred with problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Work safely with chemicals
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 55 pounds repeatedly and maneuver 160 lbs. kegs (with team members or vacuum lift) as needed
- Must be able to twist/turn, bend, reach over shoulders and stand/walk on a continual basis
- Work continually on your feet for eight hours at a time in wet areas.
- Work safely and efficiently in a busy work environment
- A positive attitude & a love for craft beer!
College degree preferred, high school diploma or GED required.
Benefits include sick and vacation leave, paid holidays, 401k w/match, health, dental, & vision care, restaurant & retail discounts, and delicious Two Brothers products
Your application has been successfully submitted.