The brewer is responsible for raw material handling, all brewhouse operations up to fermentation, pitching yeast, and running CIP operations.
Brewer Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sanitary handling of raw materials.
- Ability to accurately stage and weigh raw materials, including the ability to lift 55+ pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to follow a recipe and brew a consistent product.
- Ability to juggle 2-3 brews at a time.
- Be able to work 10+ hours a day in a fast pace working environment.
- Adhere to a shift rotation schedule.
- Communicate specific details and or process changes as needed to the Head Brewer, fellow brewers, cellar lead, and the quality lab.
- Accurate documentation of the brewing processes during your shift both on paper and digitally.
- Actively participate in Hop Valleys safety culture by following safety standards while working in the brewery.
- Keep your work area clean and sanitary throughout your shift.
- Follow all standard operating procedures when handling chemicals and entering confined spaces.
- Demonstrate proficiency in independently running whirlpool during single and double brewing
- Demonstrate good note-taking and good communication laterally and vertically
- Demonstrate proficiency in batch recording and issuing
- Demonstrate proficiency with Aber PerfectPitch and sample delivery to QC
- Demonstrate proficiency in whirlpool and transfer line CIP
- Participate in brewhouse CIP, to include deep clean
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to pass a comprehensive background check, in line with Company Policy
- Ability to work varied hours on a rotating schedule including swing, graveyard, weekends
- Good understanding of cellar operations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Mechanical aptitude is a plus.
- Team Player
- Exceptional working knowledge of the process of brewing beer.
- 2+ years of professional brewing experience.
- Brewing education is not required but will be given preference.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Safety perform safety audits, safety training and other duties required by the Safety Manager.
- Problem Solving - the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Planning/Organizing - the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality Control - the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity - meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Adaptability - the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability - the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety & Security - the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Be able to lift 55+ pounds.
- Repeatedly move up and down stairs throughout your shift.
- Be on your feet for 10+ hours a day.
Paid Time Off
Eligible for Bonus Program
EAP - Employee Assistance Program
Discount on beer, food, merch
Shoes for Crews Program
Your application has been successfully submitted.