Mill 95 is Idaho’s first hops pelletizing operation. We work with every part of the hops chain including buying from farmers, processing, storing, and selling to brewers. We are thrilled to have our operation located in the heart of hops growing country; Parma, Idaho. And we are looking for a General Manager to take the reins and lead efforts for effective implementation and execution of the business plan.
You will lead our charge to capture the imagination of brewers and growers and inspire them to create great beer through effective implementation and execution of the business plan. Other responsibilities include:
- Evaluate all engineering and sales designs and plans to ensure that they are the most cost effective and safe methods that meet and or exceed customer expectations.
- Develop and implement short-term and long-range business strategic planning and goals, including sales, financial performance and product development.
- Review with Ownership, analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives. Recommend plan adjustments.
- Resolve operational, manufacturing and facility problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays to meet future growth.
- Hire and onboard employees with support from human resources.
- Participate in formulating and administering company policies, and directing and coordinating all plant processes and activities.
The General Manager provides support and leadership to the Sales and Marketing team in the following areas:
- Create sales forecasts, build and deliver on key targets, both local and national.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers, key strategic partners, and key clients.
- Develop proposals and programs for prospective customers.
- Set and drive business growth, expansion and retention strategy; continuously evaluate sales and business development staff and objectives; oversee business development model and innovate change in support of company goals.
- Ensure effective control of sales results; take corrective action to guarantee that achievement of sales objectives falls within designated goals and budgets.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that affect market and competitive conditions; monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Manage all sales expenses and budgets for the department.
- Conduct market analysis to track brand’s performance to make informed sales, marketing and production decisions.
- Represent and promote the company at trade association meetings and other industry events.
The General Manager and Chief Operations Officer are responsible for collaborating and partnering on the following job duties:
- Oversee key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Review and approve preparation of accounting analysis for budgetary planning and implementation, production efficiency, financial reporting, budgetary planning and submittal for capital expenditures.
- Ensure all regulatory compliance and compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
- Oversee production, engineering, operations, and sales to align with the business plan.
- Work closely with the operations manager to ensure overall delivery and quality of the product, inventory management and storage.
- Develop and execute plant manufacturing budgets and evaluate and recommend what new equipment, machinery, talent, and infrastructure the company should invest in to further the company’s development.
If you value community, integrity, and quality, you’ve met our first qualification. Additionally, we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, and 10 years’ related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior engineering, finance, or production management experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Hops processing, craft brew or related industry experience
- Acute business and financial acumen, strategic planning and problem solving, and collaborative and accountable leadership approach
Our benefits package is generous including health, dental, vision, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and 401k plan with company match, plus a Health Savings Account (HSA) with an employer contribution, competitive compensation and engaged ownership team.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Built to Deliver Designed to Serve