This job is no longer accepting applications.
Reports To: Powerhouse Supervisor / Plant Engineering Manager
Summary: The Powerhouse Operator position will maintain and control plant auxiliary systems that are needed by brewers and bottlers to brew and package beer. The position requires familiarity with the operation, control, and maintenance of ammonia refrigeration, steam generation equipment, plant air compressors, glycol refrigeration, and water treatment systems. CO2 collection and liquefaction operation experience would be considered a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and maintain operations of the Ammonia Refrigeration (according to the PSM program), Boilers, CO2 Recovery / Liquefaction, Plant Compressed Air, Glycol Cooling, Plant Water, Hot Water, Fire Water and Chilled Water Systems.
- Perform general maintenance on powerhouse equipment including pumps, compressors, valves and plant utilities.
- Maintain the proper chemical treatment for the plant water, cooling tower, and boiler water systems.
- Repair and maintain powerhouse equipment with general knowledge of machinery-maintenance and lubrication.
- Work with vendors and initiate purchase orders on equipment repairs and parts.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Ability to respond to emergencies.
- Perform housekeeping of various equipment, engines, and mechanical rooms.
- Must abide by all department safety rules.
- Perform basic plumbing maintenance and repairs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work rotating shifts – rotating from days to nights every 90 days. Shift schedule to be 8 days on, 6.5 hours the first day, 12 hours next 6 days, 6.5 hours the 8th day, then 6 days off. Must be willing to work overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products is required; knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have good written and communication skills.
- Must possess or be willing to acquire OSHA Hazwoper certification (training provided by the company).
- 2 Year Technical Training Program in Boiler and Refrigeration preferred. Specialized training and/or experience may substitute.
- RETA certification as ammonia operating engineer, familiarity with process safety management and solid working knowledge of ammonia refrigeration is a plus.
- Strong continuous improvement work ethic.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as requested, directed or assigned by management.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Must be a high school graduate or have attained a GED.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience and/or training in high- and low-pressure boilers or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the operation, repair and maintenance of boiler, HVAC and utility equipment.
- Skills, experience, license/s and certification necessary for operating power generating equipment.
- Stationary Engineers License a plus.
- Haz-mat and Process Safety Management training a plus.
- Ammonia refrigeration experience is preferred.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs.
- Ability to move about the facility.
- Ascend/descend to monitor, repair, or maintain equipment.
- Ability to work in cold environments.
- Able to pass FIT test to wear the ammonia suit. Able to pass a basic physical and pass a pulmonary test (breathing test).
- Able to wear a respirator (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus).
Interested applicants should send their resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Your application has been successfully submitted.