Director of Human Resources
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Chief Administrative Officer
Summary: The Director of Human Resources is responsible for leading strategic personnel related initiatives to support successful execution of DGY’s overall company goals and plans. This role oversees HR administrative staff in HR policies and procedures, EEO, wage and salary management, benefits, FMLA, OSHA and HR compliance, risk management, and other related HR functions. In addition, this position is responsible for managing implementation of personnel recruitment strategy, retention, training and development, HR tools and platforms, workforce planning, performance management, personnel reviews, succession planning, ensuring positive employee relations, employee engagement and culture alignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the operations and priorities of HR administration, training and development, and culture and engagement functions to align with the company’s vision and strategic goals and adapting when necessary to changing or unexpected business demands.
- Develop, direct, and implement policies and processes while ensuring compliance in all HR related administrative functions including, but not limited to, EEO, compensation offerings and benefits, compliance, risk management, insurance policies, retirement (pension and 401K) and profit-sharing plans, healthcare plans and renewals, local/state/federal employment law issues, and employee relations.
- Lead strategic plans and support employee training and development programs, performance management processes, and succession planning for all levels to meet individual and business goals, with a proactive approach to career development opportunities for high-potential employees.
- Provide direction and help execute employee engagement programs to ensure appropriate communications, positive morale, recognition efforts and retention.
- Develop strategies and programs to create a robust recruitment process. Identify and source through multiple platforms, including social media, to assess and hire the best talent to showcase our company and meet the growing needs of the organization.
- Understand, model, and help executive and senior leaders to communicate the value and benefits of working at and supporting DGY’s mission and culture.
- Communicate professionally, appropriately, and thoughtfully the status of key initiatives and programs related to HR, training and development, and employee engagement and culture to all levels of the company.
- Build relationships, act as a role model, and demonstrate leadership across the organization to mitigate any internal and external disruptions, while collaborating and mediating when necessary.
- Take the lead on problem-solving organizational conflicts and work with the HR team in resolving complex employee relations issues, while acting as coach or mentor to guide managers balancing organizational and individual needs.
- Ensure that appropriate record-keeping and administration processes are in place company-wide for HR related functions and compliance.
- Partner with leadership to identify organization deficiencies, implement change management efforts, and develop change resiliency throughout the company.
- Cross-train and serve as a backup for HR team member functions.
- Provide leadership, input and oversight to the company’s health and safety programs, compliance requirements and initiatives, and giving direction when necessary while assuring that our efforts reinforce the company culture, mission and values.
- Must perform other duties as required by the immediate supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications
- Deep understanding of current HR trends in compensation, benefits, recruitment, performance evaluation, and personnel development with high level of knowledge with primary HR functions.
- Demonstrate ability to foster trust, respect, and teamwork among direct reports, peers, senior leaders and throughout the organization.
- Ability to develop and drive strategic initiatives. Must be forward thinking and creative.
- Strong people skills with a collaborative, consultative, and team-oriented style.
- Mediation skills with conflict resolution experience.
- Family-owned business or private company mindset and/or experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to all levels in the company and with others externally.
- Manage multiple tasks, projects, and priorities simultaneously and successfully.
- Exceptional listener and able to translate challenges into solutions, influence, and coach/mentor others appropriately, while demonstrating empathy.
- Self-directed and motivated with strong work ethic.
- High emotional intelligence with ability to demonstrate leadership, dedication and interpersonal knowledge that helps establish effective relationships and appropriate rapport with all levels of employees.
- Exceptional level of independent judgment, discretion, and confidentiality.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience; PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/ SHRM-SCP certification a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of human resources experience across multiple areas of HR with minimum of 5 years in managerial positions.
Interested applicants should send their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Your application has been successfully submitted.