Packaging Technician 1
This job is no longer accepting applications.
It takes characters to brew beer with character, and we at Ska Brewing Co. have been doing that since 1995. Our award-winning craft brewing roots are firmly planted in Durango, Colorado, where we work hard and play harder. Our community-minded organization does all it can to give back to the town we love.
About the Job
Wage Range $12.50-14.00/hour
In this position, you will be responsible for keeping each of our distinct craft brews flowing into cans, bottles and kegs while taking care of our world-famous barley pop. This is a fast-paced, repetitive, physically demanding position that will require availability during a variety of shifts and occasional extended hours.
- Operate all bottling, canning and kegging machines
- Build boxes for cans, mixed cases, and storage
- Safely hand dip 22-ounce bottles in hot wax
- Loading/unloading of bottling components on the filling line
- Building, unloading, and moving pallets of kegs, cans and bottles of finished product
- Routine cleaning and maintenance tasks
- Compliance with CIP standards
- Light fork-lift work
- Wrap pallets
- Assist with warehouse operations as necessary such as cleaning, organizing, etc.
- Assist cellar in daily operations
- Assist brew house in daily operations
- Assist lab in daily operations
- Assist Warehouse in daily operations
- Helping with snow removal as needed
Our Ideal Candidate
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Has a strong focus on quality, safety and efficiency
- Must be able to lift at least 35 pounds, and maneuver 165 lb. kegs, repeatedly
- Must be comfortable working on their feet, reaching over shoulders, twisting, turning, and squatting for over eight hours at a time
- Works safely with chemicals of varying composition
- Has the ability to follow directions and multi-task; can shift gears quickly to new tasks
- Works independently as well as in a team environment
- Has strong mechanical ability with problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Is able to work all shifts, additional hours and weekends as necessary
- Has reliable transportation and is able to consistently arrive at work on time
Ska Brewing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, rewarding work environment and growth for committed team members.
- Prior to your start date, we require successful completion, as determined in our sole discretion, of a pre-employment criminal background chec
Your application has been successfully submitted.