About the Job
We are a seeking talented, enthusiastic, positive energy person to join our team at the Tasting Room and Container. At Ska we focus on tasty beers and fresh, locally sourced, delicious food; made from scratch with lots of love. A passion for beer, food and providing a great time to folks visiting the brewery is a must. In this job you will be responsible for the performance of the Container and Tasting Room in line with Ska Brewing’s plans and objectives, including financial performance, guest satisfaction, event coordination and staff development.
This is an hourly position.
Range: $20- $25 per hour
- Manages operations during scheduled shifts that include daily decision-making, staff support, guest interaction, scheduling, planning while upholding food safety standards, cleanliness, and product quality
- Identifies operational opportunities to build sales and control costs; develop and implement plans to address opportunities.
- Staffs, trains and develops team members through ongoing feedback and coaching, establishment of performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews on a regular basis.
- Assist General Manager in ordering and maintaining craft beverage inventory & par levels
- Create a welcoming environment for customers
- Scheduling and training of front of house staff
- POS system knowledge, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Ensure all areas of our operation are clean and inviting by performing daily walk-thru
- Ensure staff have competent food and beverage knowledge and foster an environment of continued F&B learning
- Report to the General Manager to coordinate day to day operational flow
- Maintenance/troubleshooting of craft beverage lines
- Merchandise inventory, par levels and organization, including on line retail store
- Ensure that cash handling and all cash out procedures are followed
- Reconcile and record daily sales deposits
- Manage keg requests and returns for customer pickup and drop off
- Resolve guest issues quickly, sensitively, and professionally
- Administer employee and outside tab/trade program
- Work closely with GM to ensure team is providing outstanding customer service and products
- Helps oversee culinary operations with the assistance of the GM and kitchen leads.
- Ensure responsible management and service of beer, wines, and spirits
- Coordinate with GM and marketing team on upcoming functions, catering events, happy hour promotions
- Help with snow removal as needed
Our Ideal Candidate
- Over 21 years of age
- Management experience in the service or retail industry
- Excellent understanding, appreciation and execution of customer service
- Possess excellent communication, time management, and organization skills, even under stress
- Must be competent with POS systems and have good cash handling skills
- Professional, polite, and reliable
- Must possess or obtain upon employment; Serv Safe-food safety manager’s certificate and TIPS manager certification
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction
- Must have problem solving abilities & be able to think quickly on your feet
- A serious passion for craft beverages
- Ability to work a variety of hours as business levels are affected by season & workload. Able to work 40–50-hour work weeks. As well as different times of day (morning/mid/night shifts)
- Be able to lift 50 pounds, to bend and twist, be on your feet for the entire work shift, and be able to walk up and down a flight of stairs several times per day. The workspace can be crowded and the floor can be slippery so caution with urgency must be practiced.
- Have the writing and math skills necessary to accurately take money and return proper change, complete forms, write orders, draft emails, and perform necessary calculations
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance available to Full Time employees (a portion of premiums is paid by Ska Brewing Company)
- Paid Time Off for Full-Time and Part-Time employees
- 401(k) with company match
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Discounted Ski Passes to Purgatory Resort
- Free and/or discounted entries into local bike/running races
- Paid Holidays
- Dining Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Monthly employee tab to be used on merchandise and of course… BEER!
Your application has been successfully submitted.