- Creates and maintains an environment of hospitality and excellence in execution.
- Trains their management team on the methods used to proactively seek out and resolve guest concerns or issues.
- Resolves all escalated guest issues as necessary.
- Recognizes, assesses, and implements opportunities to improve all guest interactions.
- Ensures management and staff’s focus on building guest relationships, generating repeat visits.
- Provides proper & detailed training for all hourly & management personnel based on company-established criteria.
- Conducts and leads weekly management meetings addressing areas of concern, needed improvement, reward and recognition.
- Trains management teams on the proper execution of, and conduct, timely and detailed performance evaluations.
- Trains management team on the proper execution of new hire orientations.
- Provides daily inspiration to management team and staff building morale.
- Trains brewpub managers on how to effectively communicate standards and expectations in daily Huddle meetings and in one-on-one communication.
- Effectively coaches and provides constructive feedback to management team.
- Establishes and maintains a solid working relationship with the Kitchen Manager to ensure unity between the back and front of house.
- Sources, selects, interviews, and hires hourly staff.
- Works collaboratively with the Human Resources Department and the District Manager to conduct employee investigations, terminations, and coaching and counseling sessions.
- Leads by example, demonstrating a commitment to exemplifying a positive, authentic and professional image towards fellow team members, customers, vendors, clients, and other potential agents of Karl Strauss Brewing Company.
Quality of Operations:
- Follows company-established procedures and/or makes recommendations on budgeting, tracking, and processing labor dollars.
- Utilizes and accurately maintains all company-established forms, binders, and checklists implementing policies and procedures as necessary.
- Conducts periodic audits and takes corrective action as needed.
- Creates and fosters productive vendor relationships.
Repair and Maintenance:
- Conducts facility repair and maintenance walkthroughs.
- Researches, analyzes, assesses, and orders facility maintenance repairs.
- Provides a safe working environment for employees by managing his/her facility and ensuring all equipment is in proper working condition.
Company Systems, Procedures and Policies:
- Maintains and implements operational systems, policies, and procedures for his/her assigned location as needed.
- Trains management team on the proper completion of all internal and external forms, binders, and checklists.
- Ensures employees’ and management’s understanding of the corporate safety program and disseminates monthly safety information and/or assign and train a Safety Manager to carry out these tasks.
- Implements corrective measures to remove/reduce the risk of theft and/or robbery.
- Demonstrates understanding of, adheres to, and trains managers on federal, state, and local regulations and required postings.
- Facilitates and supports company’s marketing programs and directives.
- Utilizes communication tools (Memos, manager’s log, FYI book, bulletin board, etc.) to keep staff informed of any changes to company policies and/or procedures.
- Adheres to and promotes company established employee benefits programs.
- Adheres to timelines established by Home Office including requests for information, documentation, and company program implementation.
- Maintains accurate and up to date employee files ensuring compliance with HIPPA.
- Manages system as needed to update employee personnel information.
- Manages employee terminations utilizing company-established procedures and practices.
- Implements financial strategies and processes to maximize bottom line results.
- In collaboration with the District Manager, analyzes trends to create budgets and trains management team on achieving budgeted goals.
- Establishes guidelines for product ordering and receiving, thereby reducing the risk of theft/shrinkage.
- Approves and manages all invoices utilizing Plate IQ and company-established procedures.
- Trains management team on the process of reconciling month-end reports and inventories.
- Reconciles location’s P&L and GL making corrections and/or adjustments as needed.
- Manages the overall cost of goods by training, coaching, and auditing inventory levels.
- Manages the reporting of daily sales and analyzes for needed improvements.
- Follows company established procedures for accepting and handling all cash, credit card, and non-cash payments (i.e. trade scrip, discount coupons, promotion & administrative expenses, etc.).
- Regularly analyzes and maintains accurate financial records.
- Manages payroll processing for his/her assigned brewpub hourly employees.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5-6 years of progressive brewpub management experience within a full service, high volume, corporate and/or multi-unit environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Emphasis in Hospitality/Brewpub Management preferred.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel applications. Experience with Aloha POS operating system and GAAP practices preferred.
- Previous kitchen experience preferred.
- Must be able to work in a high-volume, fast-paced setting, prioritizing work assignments and managing multiple projects at one time.
Light work: While the employee may have a workspace, the time spent conducting sedentary work is approximately 50% with the other 50% of time spent walking and/or standing. Employee may be required to lift 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Non-slip/non-skid shoes with closed toes
- Bending/Squatting/Twisting (i.e. Requires frequent bending and/or squatting and/or twisting)
- Repetitive motion/movements (i.e. Requires prolonged standing/walking)
Your application has been successfully submitted.