This job is no longer accepting applications.
It takes characters to brew beer with character, and we at Ska Brewing have been doing that since 1995. Our award-winning craft brewing roots are firmly planted in Durango, Colorado, where our community-minded organization does all we can to give back.
About the Job
We are a seeking talented, enthusiastic, positive energy person to join our culinary team. The Container at Ska focuses on fresh, locally sourced, delicious food; made from scratch with lots of love. A passion for food and providing a great time to folks visiting the brewery is a must. This is an exempt salaried position.
Salary Range $41,000-50,000
- Manages operations during scheduled shifts that include daily decision-making, staff support, guest interaction, scheduling, planning while upholding food safety standards, cleanliness, and product quality
- Responsible for optimizing profits by controlling food and BOH labor costs, taking corrective action when needed; ensuring they conform to the annual budget on a monthly basis
- Identifies operational opportunities to build sales and control costs; develop and implement plans to address opportunities.
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date manpower plan of staffing needs. Prepares schedules and ensures that areas of responsibility are staffed properly for all shifts.
- Staffs, trains and develops BOH team members through ongoing feedback and coaching, establishment of performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews on a regular basis.
- Works with General Manager to develop and implement and maintain all control systems to include: order guides, ordering, recipes, station check sheets, job descriptions, standard daily operating procedures, budget, inventory spreadsheets, inventory, bid sheets, training manual, scheduling
- Holds BOH team accountable to following recipes creating a constant product by leading the team during peak service periods.
- As needed: coordinate written/verbal disciplinary actions/termination with human resources department
- Demonstrates responsibility for purchasing, receiving and storing food products, inspection of local suppliers, use of correct products and proper par levels to minimize food waste and optimize food cost.
- Fosters open communication with kitchen and FOH staff.
- In the absence of the General Manager and as acting Manager on Duty, oversees the entire Container and Tasting Room operation.
- Works with General Manager on development of and execution of static menu items, creating standardized recipes.
- Foster farmer/chef partnerships within local community
- Develop and cost catering menu, ska-b-que specials
- Coordinate with GM and marketing team on upcoming functions, catering events, happy hour promotions
- Conduct daily menu meetings with BOH/FOH staff
- Menu development/R&D/Costings
- Conduct PM on refrigeration/walk-ins, oversee deep clean schedule including grease trap
- Able to work 40–50-hour work weeks. As well as different times of day (morning/mid/night shifts).
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 5 years previous kitchen manager position in mid to high volume establishment
- Proven menu development and execution
- Positive professional attitude
- Team player/collaborator
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Current Servsafe Food Protection Manager Certification or willingness to obtain within first 30 days of hire
- Culinary degree preferred but not mandatory
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance available to Full Time employees (a portion of premiums is paid by Ska Brewing Company)
- Paid Time Off for Full-Time and Part-Time employees
- 401(k) with company match
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Discounted Ski Passes to Purgatory Resort
- Free and/or discounted entries into local bike/running races
- Paid Holidays
- Dining Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Monthly employee tab to be used on merchandise and of course… BEER!
Your application has been successfully submitted.