Line Cook/Pizza Cook
This job is no longer accepting applications.
General Manager/Kitchen Manager
It takes characters to brew beer with character, and we at Ska Brewing Co. have been doing that since 1995. Our award-winning craft brewing roots are firmly planted in Durango, Colorado, where we work hard and play harder. Our community-minded organization does all it can to give back to the town we love.
About the Job
$13-$17 per hour
In this position, you are required to perform a professional level of cooking, knife and prep skills. This position both preps and works the station during service periods. Strong communication and multi-tasking skills are essential. Must be a team player with professional attitude.
- All aspects of food preparation and a la carte cooking
- Understanding of proper sanitation practices and policies
- Demonstrates proper cooking techniques and execution
- Ensure food is consistently made to standards set
- Follow proper food handling techniques and coordinates the use of time, material and equipment to avoid waste and unnecessary expense
- Help with snow removal as needed
Our Ideal Candidate
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Should have a strong focus on quality, safety and efficiency
- Previous prep or line cook experience preferred of at least 1 year
- Positive professional attitude
- Team player/collaborator with the ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Possess a food handler’s card from an accredited course or be willing to obtain one
- May be required to work additional hours, nights, weekends and some holidays as dictated by the work load and staffing.
- Able to stand, carry, bend, stretch, stoop, pull and push, and lift up to 70 pounds
- Ability to follow standardized, written recipes and verbal instruction
- Fundamental understanding of sanitation, cleanliness and personal hygiene
- Regular, predictable, and dependable attendance
- Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance available to Full Time employees (a portion of premiums is paid by Ska Brewing Company)
- Paid Time Off for Full-Time and Part-Time employees
- 401(k) with company match
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Discounted Ski Passes to Purgatory Resort
- Free and/or discounted entries into local bike/running races
- Paid Holidays
- Dining Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Monthly employee tab to be used on merchandise and of course… BEER!
Your application has been successfully submitted.