Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Dry Dock Brewing Company, located in Aurora, CO, is seeking a full time Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist. Dry Dock is a regional brewery which operates two separate breweries, a 7 BBL
tasting room (South Dock) and a 40 BBL production facility (North Dock). Additionally, there is a second tasting room (Canoe Room) at North Dock. Dry Dock’s sister company is The Brew Hut, a homebrew supply shop, that is located adjacent to the South Dock tasting room.
Under the direction of Marketing Manager, the Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for maintaining and creating original content for social media channels and websites, and acting as a reactive online customer service representative for both Dry Dock and our sister company, The Brew Hut. The position will also work closely with ownership, the management team and The Brew Hut. The position has no direct reports.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Create and implement social media strategy and best practices set forth by the sales & marketing team across various platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.).
- Create visual content and creative copy that is consistent with company marketing and branding guidelines for all social media platforms.
- Utilize SEO best practices to increase quality and quantity of website traffic and to increase search engine visibility and ranking of both websites.
- Organize and execute contests and giveaways via social media.
- Create and edit videos and produce photography as needed for websites and social media.
- Maintain event calendars and websites.
- Grow each brand’s social media audience with captivating content and audience engagement across all channels. Establish a sense of community among top contributors by responding and reacting to feedback appropriately. Establish, continue and grow partnerships with influencers.
- Track, measure and report results; use data to optimize and evolve our social marketing strategies.
- Monitor social media trends, tools, apps, and effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media techniques.
- Data entry of events on websites, social channels, regional media calendars and other partner calendars.
- Assist with creation and editing of website pages.
- Respond to customer comments on all media platforms as appropriate. Know when to hide, block and respond.
- Assist with the creation event posters and other social media design needs.
- Participate in the Events Committee meetings in order to promote events at retail locations on social media platforms.
- Support Dry Dock and The Brew Hut public relations efforts including, but not limited to, draft and edit press releases, establish and maintain relationships with local media outlets, develop media kits, and provide media with tours and beer samples as needed.
- Create content for and manage monthly newsletters for Dry Dock and The Brew Hut.
- Write monthly blogs and maintain engagement with reader interactions.
- Become a brand ambassador and advocate of the companies in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues with our audience where appropriate.
- Manage a large number of projects simultaneously to ensure smooth implementation.
- Event assistance as needed.
- Work closely with entire marketing team and all company departments to complete projects as necessary.
- Provides guided brewery tours upon request by manager or Owner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred education, requirements and experience:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- 2+ years of public relations or social media management for a brand, website and/or media company.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in marketing, communications, journalism, advertising or related degree preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of social media for business use and technical familiarity with popular social media platforms and tools and their respective participants (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.).
- Editorial and/or a marketing/PR background helpful.
- Photography and video creation and editing skills required.
- Strong communication, writing, grammar, spelling and punctuation skills.
- Graphic design experience preferred. Must have an eye for detail and design.
- Proficiency with Google and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Proficient in WordPress, Constant Contact, and Google Doc.
- Solid knowledge of search engine optimization principles and best practices.
Salary and Benefits:
Dry Dock offers a competitive salary, health care, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401k, life insurance, paid sick leave and paid vacation.
Dry Dock Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.
Please send resume, work samples and salary requirements to email@example.com with title “Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist” in subject line. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. The position will remain open until filled.
Your application has been successfully submitted.