This job is no longer accepting applications.
Dry Dock Brewing Company, located in Aurora, CO, is seeking a part time Bartender. Dry Dock is a regional brewery which operates two separate locations, a 7 BBL tasting room (South Dock) and a 40 BBL production facility (North Dock). Additionally, there is a second tasting room (Canoe Room) at North Dock. Dry Dock’s sister company is The Brew Hut, a homebrew supply shop, that is located adjacent to the South Dock tasting room.
Under the direction of the Tasting Room Manager, the Bartender is responsible for providing superior customer service to the customers at both tasting rooms. The position has no direct reports.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently provide outstanding customer service by maintaining upbeat and friendly disposition, remaining apprised of various beer styles to inform and educate customers, encouraging exploration of other beer styles when appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate Point of Sale and count money.
- Monitor keg volume and change out as appropriate.
- Update menu on TapHunter and chalkboards as beer line up changes.
- Effectively perform opening and closing duties as specified in training sheets.
- Demonstrate commitment to learning about beer products and processes; maintains informed knowledge about Dry Dock beers and distinguishing characteristics.
- Appropriately cross promote sister company, The Brew Hut, events and merchandise.
- Remain knowledgeable about events and news regarding both companies by actively following and reading about Dry Dock and The Brew Hut on social media, newsletters, and tap room marketing materials. Shares relevant information with customers.
- Monitor popcorn to ensure adequately supply at all times.
- Provide guided tours upon request by manager or Owner.
- Maintain a clean stock of glassware.
- Maintain a clean and presentable appearance.
- Monitor customer alcohol consumption so as not to overserve any customer.
- Follow all company and state guidelines to ensure proper serving and delivery of alcoholic beverages.
- Adhere to Dry Dock’s attendance and tardy policies to ensure teams are appropriate staffed, as scheduled.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Preferred education, requirements and experience:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- 2 years relevant experience in bar, restaurant or brewery preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation, a clean driving record and the ability to operate a company owned motor vehicle.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with limited amount of direction.
- A competitive spirit with an assertive, confident personality.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results.
- Strong judgment and professional maturity.
- Ability to effectively communicate and cooperate with coworkers and managers.
- Must have superior customer service and interpersonal relationship skills with special emphasis on problem-solving.
- Ability to work as a strong team and ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Responds positively and quickly to voicemails, emails, coworker and customer concerns both internally and externally.
- Treats all employees with dignity and respect; creates an environment where the entire team does the same.
- Demonstrated understanding of safety standards and protocols; safety minded.
- Customer centric disposition; professional and interactive.
- Knowledge of business English and spelling.
- Ability to use computer, copier, printer, and multiple-line phone.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work onsite and work nights and weekends.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
- The position will perform work duties in loud, crowded, and busy tasting rooms.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Frequent walking, bending, twisting, kneeling, climbing, stooping, crawling and crouching.
- Must be able to correctly lift to 30 lbs to shoulder height and push or pull up to 160 lbs.
- Use hands, fingers to wrist and maintain fine digit manipulation and must be able to fully extend arms.
- Must be able to maintain adequate vision (with or without corrected lenses); able to distinguish colors for purposes of discussing products. Adequate peripheral vision is also necessary for safety purposes as are depth, distance, and ability to focus.
- In performance of job duties, employee is routinely required to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers.
Salary and Benefits:
Dry Dock offers a competitive salary, paid sick time and 401k for part-time positions.
Dry Dock Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.
Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with title “Bartender” in subject line. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. The position will remain open until filled.
Your application has been successfully submitted.