This job is no longer accepting applications.
Sycamore Brewing is looking for an ambitious, hard-working shift brewer to join our production team. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and eager to grow within this industry. Sycamore has been in growth mode since day one, and we will see triple digit volume increases this year. The ideal candidate needs to celebrate this rapid growth and enjoy the pace that comes with it. A set jaw and a get-it-done attitude are everything as we expand, and those individuals who rise to the occasion will likewise rise within our company. We prefer to promote from within. Sycamore produces all of our beer and cider out of a 54,000 sq. ft. best practice production facility short miles from Charlotte, NC's downtown. A 50HL automated Specific Mechanical 5 vessel brewhouse anchors the floor with a cellar currently capable of ~30k bbls annually. In house yeast propagation and a dedication to QA/QC is firmly in place with a full lab program ensuring quality in every batch. This September will see a KHS 21/3 canning line put into service allowing for a considerable efficiency gain in packaging. Sycamore is the fastest growing brewery of scale in North Carolina, and our growth trends and expectancies all point to heightened output moving forward. We evangelize quality, reward hard work, and function at a heightened level with a closely knit team-first approach. If all of this sounds good, we want to hear from you. Sycamore offers health insurance matching, paid time off, paid holidays, and a competitive wage based on experience and aptitude.
This position's responsibilities include the following:
- Set up, CIP / SIP, and operation of centrifugation, pasteurization, dry hopping equipment
- Operate centrifuge, execute beer transfers, and prepare beer for packaging -- complete clean transfers per SOPs, check and adjust beer carbonation in brite tank and communicate with packaging department on readiness of product
- CIP / SIP fermentation vessels, brite tanks, serving tanks, dry hop equipment, yeast storage vessels with an array of pumps as well as dedicated CIP skids - anything you can loop, you can clean!
- Speaking of cleaning - maintaining a clean and orderly work environment, adhering to brewery sanitation procedures, physically cleaning parts and beer contact utensils as well as physical cleaning of the brewery environment (tank exteriors, floors, drains, hoses, etc.)
- Yeast Management - harvesting yeast, pitching yeast, cleaning yeast storage vessels, maintaining meticulous attention to sanitation and cleanliness related to all aspects of yeast handling
- Complete all necessary paperwork and data entry accurately and on time.
- Use proper safety equipment and personal protection equipment.
- Ensure that safety procedures are adhered to throughout the building.
- Communicate regularly and efficiently with team members, head brewer and company management
- Ensure you are punctual, regular in attendance, have a positive attitude and good hygiene and act as a good example for the rest of the staff in these areas
- A formal brewing school degree is not required, although certainly favored, HOWEVER prior professional brewing experience is a must!
- Effective management of time and a strong work ethic
- Multi-tasking while being detail and quality focused is critical
- Effective communication verbally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and in small work teams
- Ability to read and understand a variety of scientific instruments
- Fork lift experience not required but a definite plus=
This opportunity offers a competitive wage, paid time off, paid holidays, and health insurance. Our ideal candidate will be ready to hit the ground running as soon as possible, with consideration certainly given to the necessary time to transition from your current job and/or living situation.
How to apply: If you’re interested in this exciting position with a growing local brewery, please email your resume and a brief cover letter to brad (at) sycamorebrew.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.