Athletic Brewing Co. is on a mission to revolutionize the beer industry by making fantastic and ground-breaking non-alcoholic beverages. We are excited to be on the search for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join our team. At Athletic and through our products, we believe we can have a positive impact on the health, activity, and opportunity in our communities - we actively seek representation from all diverse communities to continue to broaden our horizons.
The Athletic Brewing marketing team is seeking a new team member to join as a Media Strategist. This is a new role at Athletic Brewing Co. as we seek to reimagine how to effectively and efficiently reach our audience through proven, measurable channels as well as experimenting with new and emerging platforms.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will help develop data-driven media plans that maximize investment ROI for Athletic Brewing. You will develop and lead collaborations with external partners and agencies. Detailed analysis and measurable outcomes are at the core of the recommendations that you develop and that will inform our media investment across traditional, digital, and emerging channels.
This is a hybrid role, and you will need to work in one of our offices in either Milford, CT or San Diego, CA. You will need to be based within a ~ 50-mile proximity of one of our breweries.
Planning & Investing:
- This person will develop long-term productive relationships with all ranges of media outlets and partners to ensure the most competitive rates and positioning of ads.
- Responsible for negotiating, purchasing, and evaluating media across, but not limited to, the following channels: TV, Streaming, Digital, OOH, Newsletters, Podcasts, Print, Radio, etc.
- Develop media recommendations with flighting, audience, budgets, buy detail, & reconciliation
- Negotiating rates with keen awareness of target rates we should be receiving to optimize media investment ROI
- Manage the planning, execution, management, and delivery of omni-channel media campaigns
- Field RFPs and develop POV’s around potential new partners
Internal & External Relationship Management
- Develop and maintain direct relationships with media outlets, social media platforms, and digital partners to optimize investment.
- Partner with sales and channel leaders to develop effective media tactics to reach target consumers that are informed by consumer research/behavior, partner/platform insights, data, and performance reporting
- Work closely with Marketing and Creative Teams to ensure on time delivery of assets, in order to execute and scale all marketing and advertising efforts
- Lead relationships with external media partners
Future-Proof the Brand
- Test new platforms and be a thought-leader on new and emerging platforms
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
Who You Are:
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a media expert, with a track-record of planning, budget optimization, and thought-leadership
- At least 5 years of media strategy experience at a consumer brand or media agency
- Experience with industry trends and innovation in media, tracking, analytics, and research
- Experience utilizing data and analytics to influence, define and drive short and long-term goals
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, listening, critical thinking, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Honest, Dependable, high integrity, team player, and passionate about the Athletic Brewing Co mission.
Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Experience Budgeting and Budget Management
- Skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Location: Milford, CT, or San Diego, CA, with the option to work remotely two days a week.
- Salary range $110k - $135k / year, commensurate with experience - Base salary and opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Benefits: Company Paid health, vision, dental, life, 401k with 5% company match, and Paid Parental Leave
- Community Program/Professional Development: In addition to Vacation and Sick Leave, all team members receive 12 paid days per year to dedicate to volunteering or professional development activities.
- We value internal mobility and team equity.
- We are an equal-opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
- We encourage and welcome members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Your application has been successfully submitted.