This job is no longer accepting applications.
Good City Brewing is seeking a Brewer to join its production brewery in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Good City is an independently owned craft brewery that distributes beer throughout Wisconsin. We also operate multiple taproom restaurant locations. We are driven by our mission to Seek the Good through 1) pursuing excellence, 2) prioritizing relationships, and 3) engaging our local place.
- Must love making beer.
- Must be adaptable, hardworking, have a positive attitude, possess a sense of humor, and be a team player
- Embody the Good City culture, vision, and values
- Must have the ability to work alone and with others
- A minimum of 5 years of commercial brewery experience is preferred
- Displays a good understanding of the analysis of raw materials, water profiles and wort production.
- Has a strong focus on Quality Control, including a basic understanding of laboratory practices.
- Strong technical and trouble shooting skills
- Safety-mindedness is of the utmost importance (lifting, chemicals, hot liquids and hardware, inhalation hazards, noise)
- Willingness and ability to step in wherever needed
- Ability to perform physically demanding work, requiring constant mobility and awareness of surrounding hazardous conditions.
- Ability to bend, move, transport, or lift 60 pounds and move 165 pounds safely
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent sensory analysis skills to help maintain quality control
- Wort production, brewing, packaging, and cleaning
- Operate brew house independently when scheduled for brew sessions
- Perform cellar tasks such as cleaning fermenters and brite tanks, transferring fermented product to brite tanks, etc.
- Yeast handling (collection, propagation)
- Cleaning the brewery and equipment
- Cleaning and filling keg shells
- Setting up, operating, and assisting on the canning line and/or bottle filler
- Working the depalletizer, date coder, labeler and other equipment tangible to the canning operation.
- Unloading and loading of raw materials and/or finished goods with a forklift and pallet jack
- Assisting with brewery and equipment maintenance
- Detailed record keeping of all relevant brewery activities
- Maintaining a clean and organized brewery environment
- Leading or assisting with variety pack assembly
- A number of other varied operational and brewery related tasks as necessary.
- Occasional promotion of products outside of the brewery at festivals and other beer events
- Other duties as assigned
- Competitive hourly pay or salary commensurate with experience
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Eligible for group health insurance
- Eligible for 401K
Your application has been successfully submitted.