National Accounts Manager
Toppling Goliath Brewing Company is a family owned rapidly growing regional craft brewery with a destination taproom that serves world class beer and food to patrons from around the country located in beautiful Decorah, Iowa. We are world-renowned for IPAs and barrel-aged stouts and are currently recruiting for a National Accounts Manager.
The National Accounts Manager, will work directly within the assigned Toppling Goliath Brewing Company distribution footprint. They will work directly with National Sales Director, Market Development Director, Regional Sales Manager(s), Market Sales Manager(s) wholesaler(s), and their sales staff to promote sales and strategy in both ON and OFF Premise chain Nationally and Regionally. They will promote the Toppling Goliath brand, achieve target distribution, volume goals, establish and maintain a professional sales relationship with key retailers, wholesalers, and internal team members.
All eligible Toppling Goliath employees and their families are able to enroll in our medical, dental, and vision plans the 1st of the month following hire with a generous portion of the employee's insurance premium being covered by Toppling Goliath. We also offer Paid Time Off, generous Employee Assistance Program, Short Term Disability, Paid Long Term Disability, Paid Life AD&D, Life Insurance for the employee, spouse and child(ren), Paid Holidays, Health Savings Account, Flex Dependent Care, 401K with Company Match, Food Discounts, Merch Discounts and AMAZING BEER PERKS!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports Toppling Goliath Brewing Company Core Values, Purpose, and Philosophies.
- Direct Management of Key Account Managers.
- Maintains constant communication and positive relationships with the National Sales Director, Market Development Director, Sales Operations Manager, Regional Sales Manager(s), Market Sales Manager(s), Brewery Support Staff, wholesaler sales force, and key Chain Retailers.
- Partner collaboratively across the organization to develop and drive the company’s Chain strategy, primarily amongst National and Regional ON and OFF retailers identified as priorities.
- Leverage sales data software including Armadillo, VIP, BI and other resources to identify opportunities nationally and regionally to optimize selling opportunities within ON and OFF Premise Chain Accounts
- Develop strategies, plans, and performance measures to increase account prospecting, penetration rate, dollar/volume share in existing accounts.
- Build account goals and business plan in partnership with wholesale partners and Regional Sales team(s).
- Create and deploy programs and features to drive rate of sale and report out on results through after-action review process.
- Design and implement processes to ensure execution and facilitation through Region Sales Team(s) and wholesale partners.
- Serve as company expert for National and Regional Chain Accounts and macro trends, tailwinds and headwinds, and competitive set activity/performance.
- Collaborate and own development and communication of price promotions, program support and other sales operations programs.
- Set and maintain an effective and consistent communication stream between Sales Leadership, Regional Sales Teams, Brewery Support Staff, wholesale partners, and chain retailers while proactively communicating results, risk, and opportunities.
- Develops quarterly account visit target lists built from goals and objectives.
- Participates regularly with strategic market time supporting sales, distribution, and marketing.
- Assists Regional Sales Manager(s) with forecasting for Chain Account execution.
- Completes assigned “work withs” with TG Team and wholesaler partners.
- Conducts ongoing brand training with retailors, distributor partners, and consumers.
- Assists with special events and festivals in the territory as needed.
- Collaborates with Marketing Department to develop trade marketing programs and materials to support.
- Performs administrative tasks as they are assigned (expense reports, monthly work calendar, establish distribution targets, evaluate discount programs, conduct price surveys).
- Maintains professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Able to maintain and report an expense budget within the given parameters.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Self-starter/ self-motivated
- Reliable car and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work flexible schedule; ability to work nights and week-ends.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and sales skills
- Five years’ minimum experience working in the three-tier distribution system either with a beer wholesaler or beer supplier
- Strong knowledge of craft beer, the industry, and its’ retail consumers with expertise in National and Regional Chain Accounts.
- Proficient in Microsoft office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
- Proficient in the use and analysis of consumer scan data (IRI), VIP depletions data and Beer Institute data
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and communication skills
- Dynamic public specking and presentation skills
- Travel is required
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This job operates in a professional work environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work will be done in a home office, in a vehicle, or in the field.
- Consistent visits to bars, restaurants, and retail accounts will be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear.
Toppling Goliath is an EOE.
Your application has been successfully submitted.