National Accounts Director
The National Accounts Director is a full-time, salaried position responsible for all activities related to leading sales strategy, planning and execution for Terrapin Beer Company's chain accounts. This position requires implementation of key strategies and organizational initiatives intended to grow revenues, increase profits and achieve assigned sales budgets within current and future chain accounts. The National Accounts Director is a key managerial position of leadership within the Terrapin Beer Company organizational sales hierarchy and the incumbent will report directly to the VP of Sales & Marketing.
Essential Job Functions :
- Develops strategic sales plan for chain accounts in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
- Produce proactive action plans that increase brand awareness and distribution in the retail chain account markets.
- Recommends sales strategies for improvement within the designated division based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Works closely with distributor personnel to prepare and execute strategies for increased distribution, sales and growth of national accounts focused on customer chain channels.
- Communicate regularly with Area Sales Directors and Regional Sales Managers in order to maximize selling opportunities with chain accounts within their territories.
- Responsible for national chain accounts revenue growth, profitability and building distributor partnership, brand image and market development.
- Develop formal presentations for Terrapin Beer Company's brand portfolio for chain account partners in order to acquire successful business relationships and develop profitable sales opportunities.
- Develop and execute national chain sales and marketing programming ensuring consistency with company objectives.
- Ensures all relevant marketing communications within the chain accounts division are coordinated, support the overall marketing plan objectives and are an effective expenditure of resources.
- Deliver execution of strategic brand plans for chain accounts, price positioning, consumer marketing programs and new product launches relative to chain accounts.
- Provide support, leadership and promotes conformity to all organizational policies and procedures.
- Conduct quarterly sales review meetings with Area Sales Directors & Regional Sales Managers based on tracking year-to-date, quarterly & monthly sales goals for chain accounts and what percentages have been achieved relative to assigned metrics.
- Analyze performance of national chain accounts to address variances and ensure that corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Provide Senior Management with market intelligence including sales trends, product developments and competitor activity of national chain accounts, and recommend strategies to address these trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements :
2-year degree in Business, Marketing or similar degree program with 10+ years' sales experience in the brewing industry with relevant chain accounts experience.
Preferred Qualifications : Previous Chain Accounts supervisory experience with a similar size or larger craft brewery with 5+ years' experience. Verifiable record of chain accounts sales growth.
This position requires frequent travel and applicants must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to work 8-10 hours shifts and be able to work varying shifts, including nights and weekends, that are dependent on operational business needs of the brewery.
This position requires being able to maintain business-like behavior during and after the consumption of alcohol during social events.
Candidates must have a clean driving record with no restrictions and a reliable source of transportation in line with the Terrapin Beer Company policy. Candidates must also acquire auto insurance coverage in line with the Terrapin Beer Company policy as a condition of employment and are expected to maintain such throughout the course of employment.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is a craft beer brewery located in Athens, Georgia dedicated to creating unique experiences through the passionate brewing of the finest-quality craft beers. Employee benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation, sick leave and Parental Leave, 401(k) plan with a Company match and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values and mission.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. *
Your application has been successfully submitted.