Mountain Tap Brewery is a 7-year-old growing brewpub located in Steamboat Springs CO, featuring a dozen diverse beer styles on tap, 3 flagship beers in cans and showcasing Neapolitan-style pizzas and other innovative wood-fired cuisine. We are a tight-knit team that high fives & fist bumps often! We love craft beer, wood-fired cooking and are stoked to work hard, get outdoors and recreate.
- Prior relevant brewery & leadership experience required!
- Formal brewing education & some canning experience preferred.
- Self-starter, ability to take initiative, lead projects, manage time efficiently and work independently.
- Exceptional focus, organizational skills, meticulous attention to details with beer quality, sanitation and safety.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - must be team player.
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs (bags of grain), hand truck kegs, spent grain tubs and regularly bend, twist, reach, stoop and climb ladders periodically.
- Must be able to work early mornings and occasional weekends (most brewery work is done M-F ~6:00 AM – 2:00 PM).
- Must have a passion for craft beer and mountain lifestyle.
- Must be 21+ years old.
Job Responsibilities – Brewery Operations (below is not all-inclusive)
Note – This is a hands-on Head Brewer position including brewery, cellarwork, packaging & maintenance.
- Brewing – grain handling, mashing, lautering, boiling, WP, wort-cooling, yeast handling, dry-hopping, etc. (7 bbl Premier brewhouse, 15 bbl unitanks, 7 bbl serving tanks)
- Cellarwork – CIP’ing tanks, equipment. Transferring beer from fermentation to serving tanks and carbonating.
- Kegging – keg cleaning, sanitizing, filling & keg machine maintenance (Premier 2-head semi-automatic).
- Draft system – cleaning & maintaining draft lines and dispense equipment.
- QA – Use & maintenance of DO meter & CO2 testing equipment.
- Safety – Must work in a safe manner, wear proper PPE as appropriate, maintain a clean, tidy and organized workplace at all times and adhere to safety procedures.
- Assist with canning operations (most beer draft for pub, cans only ~10% of production, ~2-3x/month).
- Assist with production planning, forecasting and scheduling to meet beer demand trends.
- Assist with maintenance – brewery & pub cleaning/maintenance projects, coordinate w/ trades as necessary.
- Assist with managing supply chain needs, coordinate to meet production schedule.
- Assist with managing inventories, raw materials ordering, CIP chems and other brewery supplies as necessary.
- Work with brewmaster/owners re. new beer recipes and barrel aged and/or other specialty beer projects.
- Assist with events and promotions as necessary (occasionally).
- Keg/can/bottle delivery (occasionally).
- Work with brewmaster/owners to manage and adhere to brewery budget.
- Conduct pub staff trainings periodically.
- $25 - $30/ hr (~52K – 62.4K) DOE
- Complimentary shift meal and shift beer (for legal drinking age employees).
- Food, beer, merchandise discounts and other employee benefits.
- Mountain Tap Brewery uniform.
- Ski Pass
- Opportunity to participate in a company health insurance plan with $2,000 annual premium offset.
- Opportunity to participate in company SIMPLE IRA once eligible.
- $30/month house account.
- Up to two weeks bonus pay based on number of hours worked.
Submit resume, cover letter and any other relevant information
No phone calls please!
More about Mountain Tap Brewery
About Steamboat Springs, CO
Steamboat Springs is a laid-back mountain town in Northwest Colorado with an abundance of year-round recreation opportunities right in our backyard, including skiing/snowboarding, fat biking, snowmobiling, mountain biking, hiking, camping, backpacking, fishing, kayaking, SUP’ing, river surfing, etc. Our gem of a town also has excellent public schools, free public transportation, a vibrant downtown and revitalized mountain base area at Steamboat Resort.
Your application has been successfully submitted.