Sales Representative (Maine)
We are looking for an energetic, passionate candidate to join our sales team. This
person will engage with our distributor’s sales team, identify points of distribution
growth, and foster relationships with our on & off-premise accounts, through regular in-person visits, events, and tastings. This position will be based out of the Portland metro area, but will cover the entire state of Maine.
The successful applicant will be both hardworking and easy going with a positive can-do attitude. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently and to work independently.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engagement with current on and off-premise accounts; support with
- point-of-sale and regular in-person visits.
- Increase overall distribution and volume by identifying and supporting
- new accounts in conjunction with the distributor sales team.
- Conduct in-field work with sessions with distributor representatives.
- Planning and execution of promotional events and tastings at on and off-
- premise accounts.
- Represent Rising Tide at beer festivals and tradeshows.
- Reporting sales numbers, new accounts, and account feedback.
- Familiarize accounts with new products and developments.
- Manage budget in an efficient and a responsible manner.
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedule, as weekend
- and extended workdays are necessary.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude is
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must be punctual and self-motivated with good time management skills.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communications skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to make long-range plans and goals.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with employees and the
- general public.
- Strong reasoning ability and problem solving skills.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills – Intermediate proficiency in Word and Excel.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- HS Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or military
- Two years of industry experience selling craft beer.
- In depth knowledge of, and direct experience in, the craft beer scene in
- this geography.
- Candidate must live in or be willing to relocate to Portland metro area.
- Access to reliable transportation (i.e. car, van or truck) is essential.
- Employee must also have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Minimum age requirement is 21 years.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume as PDF or MS Word attachments. Please ensure that your name appears in the filename for all attached documents.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins.
Rising Tide Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We strive to create a safe and inclusive work environment that values fun, inclusivity, and a fair work-life balance. Brewing is hard work but it shouldn’t grind you to the bone. Rising Tide is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration.
Your application has been successfully submitted.