Bay City Brewing Co. in San Diego is looking for a star assistant brewer to join our team! We are a small, independently owned brewery experiencing rapid growth and we want you to jump on board. Our production facility is centrally located – close to downtown, beach cities, etc. – we are basically 10 minutes from everywhere in San Diego. We operate an on-site tasting room as well as a full service taproom and kitchen in the downtown neighborhood of East Village. There is massive opportunity for advancement within the brewing team, as we are a small (but growing) company.
The Assistant Brewer is primarily responsible for cellar operations and brewing prep including CIP, grain milling, packaging, yeast handling, and tank additions. This position works under the direction of the Brewmaster and is responsible for supporting Bay City Brewing Co in creating the highest quality craft beer, while following all company safety procedures, sanitization practices, and policies. Candidates must be at least 21 years of age to work for Bay City Brewing Co.
What You'll Do Here
- Support cellar work including tank CIP, yeast handling, tank additions, and dry hops
- Prepare and keep accurate records, both manually and digitally
- Follow production schedule accurately and prioritize duties accordingly
- Brewing prep – grain milling and tank prep
- Transfer / carb / package finished beer according to SOP’s
- Light warehouse duties – organizing cold storage, receiving raw materials
- Keep all production areas clean and organized
- Identify issues and troubleshooting on brewery equipment
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
We Need A Person With
- Brewing education, or education in related field is preferred
- Some experience in a production brewery
- Knowledge of raw materials, brewing basics, and production processes preferred
- Must be a team player
- Must be passionate about beer
- Mechanical aptitude is a plus
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced production environment, and willing to adapt as challenges arise
- Willing to pitch in as needed to get things done
- Familiar with Microsoft & Google Office (Gmail, Excel, Word)
- Working knowledge of all standard brewery equipment
Additional Qualifications & Physical Requirements:
- Candidates must be 21 years of age to work for Bay City Brewing Co.
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, and stoop for an entire 8 hour shift if necessary
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs. and manipulate up to 150 lbs (full keg)
- Evening, weekend, and holiday availability is required; including key weekends & holidays
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Bay City Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion (all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practices, including religious dress or grooming practices), color, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression) genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full Time
Compensation range based on the required duties is $17-19 per hour
Your application has been successfully submitted.