Director of Brewing Operations
Settlers Hospitality Group is looking for an individual in search of a new challenge in the brewing industry as the Director of Brewing Operations. The ideal candidate is willing to help build, grow and develop a production brewery in historic Honesdale, PA. He or she will have total responsibility over the brew operations with the objective of taking this brewery to the next level.
The Director of Brewing Operations is responsible for all aspects of the brewing process, from creating recipes to selecting and sourcing ingredients to supervising production. In addition to ensuring that the beer meets quality standards, the Director of Brewing Operations also oversees packaging and distribution. He or she works closely with the sales and marketing team to develop new products and promote the brand. The Director of Brewing Operations is also responsible for establishing and maintaining safety and sanitation standards in the brewery.
- Supervises and manages all aspects of brewing operations, from ingredient procurement to packaging and distribution.
- Oversees the production of high-quality and consistent beer, ensuring that quality standards are met at every stage and that product meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Develops innovative new recipes and oversees experimentation with new ingredients and brewing techniques, keeping the brewery at the forefront of the craft beer industry.
- Develop and maintain cellar operations.
- Maintains the brewery's equipment, keeping it in good working order, clean, and sanitized.
- Manages, mentors and trains the brewing staff, ensuring that they have the skills and knowledge necessary to produce great beer.
- Ensure that all safety and quality standards are met in every batch of beer produced.
- General administrative work – This includes, but is not limited to, inventory, scheduling, payroll, employee handbook administration, onboarding, and training employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of production experience in a brewery larger than 5BBL
- Several years of experience working in a commercial brewery
- In-depth knowledge of brewing processes, Cellar management, ingredients and ordering of all supplies, quality control processes and protocols
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Have worked with inventory management process’, QA/ QC protocols, Brewery record keeping, rotational product management and scheduling software.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and pay attention to details
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, twist, climb, stoop, crawl, crouch, and lift heavy objects as needed
- Able to correctly lift up to 50 lbs to shoulder height and push or pull up to 160 lbs.
- Able to use ladder
- Physical ability to handle pallets of inventory that weight up to 2,100 lbs using a pallet jack or fork lift
- Able to operate a pallet jack and fork lift
- Must be able to work in hot, cold, wet, loud, and unpredictable environment,
- Must be able to work around steam, electricity, harsh chemicals, and solvents.
- This position may come into direct contact with hazardous materials such as chemicals. Hazardous materials include CO2 as well as loud noises as part of the brewing processes.
- Able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.