This job is no longer accepting applications.
Smog City Brewing Co. has four taprooms that are the heart of our business and we are looking for experienced restaurant/bar professionals to join our amazing team. Our beertenders are the frontlines of our brewery, getting the opportunity to guide our customers to their favorite beer, help them explore new styles, and ensure everyone that comes to Smog City is welcomed with open arms. We pride ourselves in being a diverse group of creative individuals that have a strong passion for quality beer, all things Smog City, and coloring outside the lines.
Job duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Uphold Smog City customer service standards, making our taprooms a welcoming place for everyone.
- Greet and interact with guests in a polite and respectful manner.
- Answer questions and educate guests about Smog City beer, teaching them about our products, culture, and brewing process.
- Pour and serve our beer with an attention to detail.
- In addition to beertending, there will be shifts that will require you to be the Smog City host, greeting customers, seating them at their table, and maintaining wait lists.
- Act as the primary taproom cleaner and dishwasher on certain shifts.
- Follow all Taproom SOPs, including all new COVID-19 cleaning and social distance procedures.
- Help maintain our draft systems as needed, including cleaning draft lines and communicating any issues or changes you notice to the appropriate team member.
- Make recommendations for improvements and constantly be looking for opportunities to make our taproom experience better.
- Help us with social media content, taking photos when appropriate and adding them to our shared albums.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Practice responsible service standards.
- Do you part to make sure our space stays clean, including sweeping, mopping, washing glassware, restocking restrooms, etc.
- Work morning, afternoon, night, and/or weekends as needed.
- Participate in beer festivals and events as needed.
- Work Smog City special events as needed.
- Help with Smog City deliveries as needed to the local L.A. area, including prepping orders and making deliveries.
- 1 - 3 years of restaurant or bar experience in a customer facing role.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organizational levels.
- Impeccable customer service skills and a desire to interact with and host a wide range of individuals with varying levels of beer knowledge.
- Ability to proactively look for opportunities to make improvements in taproom operations and suggest steps to make changes.
- Must be a motivated self-starter.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to learn about craft beer and quality standards, including draft maintenance.
- Flexibility to work at any of our 4 taproom locations when needed.
- Knowledge and passion for craft beer is preferred with an emphasis on education and helping customers find their new favorite beer they didn’t know they liked.
- Knowledge of Square POS systems preferred.
- Draft system knowledge preferred.
- Proof of completion of LEAD course in accordance with ABC regulation within 30 days of hire.
- Open availability to work weekends (Friday - Sunday).
- Ability to follow and adhere to all COVID-19 procedures and guidelines.
- Clean driving record preferred.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Must be in good physical condition and able to maneuver in tight/confined spaces.
- Must be able to walk, sit, stand, crouch for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. and maneuver at least 165 lbs. kegs.
- Must be able to perform all job duties while wearing a face mask at all times.
Your application has been successfully submitted.