This job is no longer accepting applications.
A Smog City Packaging Tech’s main role is to package beer. They have good attention to detail and ability to work in a clean, organized and efficient way to accomplish assigned tasks. They live and breathe Smog City Brewing’s core values of quality, community and respect. This position reports directly to the Packaging Lead.
- Package and rack beer into kegs.
- Rack finished beer into kegs.
- Assist in operation of packaging lines and perform pack-off duties.
- Assist in all pre- and post-packaging operations including case building, labeling, package filling, and palletizing.
- Receive raw materials and packaging supplies.
- Operate a forklift safely following safety protocols.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized workspace.
- Keg Washing (lots of it) using a keg washer.
- Keep equipment clean and keg area orderly.
- Data recording. Use paper logs, spreadsheets, and production software to record data related to all the above.
- Maintain the operational efficiency and safety of the equipment you use. Catch it before it breaks, fix it if you can, bring it to someone’s attention if you can’t.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of equipment and brewery at all times.
- Work hard and efficiently to ensure Smog City beer maintains quality standards into the package.
- Assist in safety compliance and QA/QC.
- Learn and adhere to standard operating and safety procedures.
- Stay organized and communicate effectively.
- Note - all staff help out wherever they are needed. The above are guidelines but additional responsibilities may, and most likely will, be required.
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Must be in good physical condition and able to maneuver in confined spaces.
- Must be able to walk, sit, stand, and/or crouch for extended periods of time.
- Must be able & willing to work early morning, daytime, evening and/or weekend shifts.
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs. (malt bag!) to shoulder level repeatedly and maneuver at least 165 lbs. (full keg!) containers safely.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and use your time efficiently.
- Insane knowledge of the brewing process and how everything you do affects the quality of the beer.
- Excellent beer knowledge, a good sense of smell and taste with the ability to communicate what you are sensing.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Subject line of the email must read: Seven Sicilian sailors sailing the seven seas.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with respect to all personnel at all levels, in addition to customers.
- Forklift experience is a plus.
- A minimum of six months of professional experience at a commercial brewery or 3 years of home brewing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or formal brewing education preferred.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should describe why you are interested in the position and why Smog City Brewing Company should hire you. Please provide a resume that includes all relevant work history. It should also contain your education and any formal/informal brewery training.
You must provide 3 references, one character reference, one professional reference and a third of either character or professional nature. At least one reference should be from your current/most recent place of work.
References WILL be checked.
Your application has been successfully submitted.