Brand Ambassador/Sales Rep
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Smog City Brewing Co. is a Torrance based, family-owned craft brewery and we are are looking to expand our sales team. We’re focused on brewing quality products & have been leaders in the craft beer industry since 2011. The Brand Ambassador will be accountable for ensuring that sales goals are met by strategically increasing sales volume through sustainable growth. They will utilize strategic sales skills and consumer purchasing habits to target new accounts and maintain long-term relationships. This position will start as a part time role but there will be room to grow into a full-time position.
Job duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for increasing distribution and volume of Smog City products across both the key on & off premise accounts.
- Manage an account list of on-premise & broad market accounts in LA County.
- Conduct sales calls (core sales via distributor as well as direct self-distro products).
- Self-distro deliveries, including loading kegs and cases of beer, dropping them off at an account, and collecting payment.
- Use time efficiently to balance sales, deliveries, events and relationship management.
- Complete weekly recaps/breakdowns of what was accomplished each week (google form filled out after each stop).
- Prioritize growth of placements as well as volume including but not limited to events.
- Conduct an average of 1 event per week (when the market is ready again). Events are to be held at retail accounts with the purpose of educating customers about Smog City beers.
- Work with the wholesaler to manage brand growth in the market.
- Add value to all key accounts by offering creative, impactful support and by keeping the accounts informed about all upcoming releases within the company.
- Improve velocity in accounts by building displays, driving distribution, resetting coolers, displaying POS items, educating retail employees, hand selling, sampling, securing features, and developing promotional programs.
- Communicate with all departments as necessary.
- Participate in beer festivals and company events as needed.
- Embody the Smog City Brewing Co. culture in everything you do.
- Maintains responsible expense planning to achieve maximum return on investment.
- This position requires excellent communication skills across voice, email, and use of Slack/messaging app.
- Highly motivated self-starter willing to get results and grow volume and loyalty for the Smog City brand.
- Ability to multitask & prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Work morning, afternoon, night, and/or weekends as needed (max 30hrs a week to start).
- Be a team player.
- Ability to manage a budget.
- Industry Knowledge and existing relationships are a plus.
- 1-3 years of sales related experience – beverage industry preferred .
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at accounts, wholesaler & brewery.
- General craft beer & draft system knowledge is preferred.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to follow and adhere to all COVID-19 procedures and guidelines when out in the field or at the brewery.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Must be in good physical condition and able to maneuver in tight/confined spaces.
- Must be able to walk, sit, stand, crouch for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. and maneuver at least 165 lb kegs.
Your application has been successfully submitted.