Regional Brewery Sales Representative
Founded in 1996 by Nick Floyd, 3 Floyds Brewing is an internationally recognized and award-winning craft brewery based in Munster, Indiana. With a passionate and devoted crew and loyal and rabid fan-base, we continue to craft some of the most sought-after beers in the universe, with an approach to brewing that continues to be innovative, unapologetic, and as always, “not normal.”
- Act as a primary point of contact for full account base within a defined geographic territory (Cincinnati/Dayton area and full state of Kentucky)
- Solicit new business in on/off premise retail accounts
- Grow business within existing on/off premise retail accounts
- Execute chain programs within defined geographic territory
- Meet or exceed weekly/monthly/annual call frequency in on/off premise accounts
- Develop / maintain a strong professional business partnership with distributors and their management, operational and sales personnel
- Monitor distributor performance and execution of annual business plans
- Assist in annual business planning and quarterly reviews
- Communicate with assigned counterparts at distributor as requested by distributor and brewery leadership
- Conduct distributor sales rep ride with frequency and general sales meetings that aligns to annual business plan
- Act as primary point of contact for the distributors assigned within a defined geographic territory
- Execute retail standards to the best of our ability within defined geographic territory
- Monitor brand and package mix to align to company objectives and annual business plans
- Create, organize, execute retail and distributor activations in the form of dinners, promotions, festivals, educational and other events
- Protect our portfolio by ensuring that all products available for sale to consumer are within our aging policy
- Assist in forecasting and inventory management with distributor personnel
- Educate distributor sales personnel and retail accounts to achieve the right assortment and inventory amounts to ensure product freshness and the best consumer experience
Sales Reporting / Market Analysis:
- Utilize VIP to understand and evaluate market, retail account and portfolio performance for assigned geographic territory
- Utilize VIP to understand and evaluate distributor inventory and rates of sale to prevent any finished product loss due to over-aging
- Utilize VIP to uncover opportunities in the form of gap reports
- Review weekly performance results that are communicated, and address performance results as needed to achieve monthly goals
- Err on ‘safety first’ in all situations that may arise
- Maintain a clean driving record and follow all rules of the road
- Ensure regular vehicle maintenance is performed and vehicle is in a safe, working and legal condition
- Willingness to assist in company-sponsored events, as needed, outside normal work hours
- Attend regular meetings
- Abide by all state and local laws and regulations
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have 2-3 years of sales and marketing experience in the craft beer industry
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field preferred
- Clean driving record
- Knowledge of the craft beer industry and emerging trends
- Leadership abilities with excellent written and verbal communication
- Time management, project management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in MS Office software including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Innovative, ambitious, and driven, yet empathetic, caring and dedicated to quality work and professional relationship
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods of time
- The employee frequently is required to use hands and bend and stoop.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 120 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
Your application has been successfully submitted.